Episode 35 - Lunch

Everyday, Mayumi would sneak in to see how L.Joe was doing. Teen Top manager had hired a housekeeper to look after L.Joe and warned the housekeeper to prevent anyone to visit L.Joe except for Teen Top, housekeeper, his family members and the ones in the company. Mayumi took precautious and would only visit him at night as she knew the housekeeper would leave the ward at 10pm. Once she knew that she had left the place, she careful walked in and took a seat beside his bed.

She felt devastated everytime she saw his situation and would always apologise to him about what had happened although he was sleeping. After spending an hour, she decided to leave the ward. As she was about to stand up, she felt a hand pulling her hand. She looked down and saw L.Joe muttered her name while he slowly opened his eyes,"...Mayumi...shii.."

"..L.Joe shii..I'm sorry..did..did I woke you up..?" She looked flustered to see him awake.

"I'm always awake whenever you're around..," He said softly and gave a small smile.

Just then, they heard someone at the door. Mayumi began to panic and wanted to hide before someone sees her. L.Joe quickly pulled her to his bed and hid her under the covers. L.Joe started to make the blanket natural and pretended to sleep as soon as someone came in.

"I wonder where did I put my scarf..?" The housekeeper came in, looking around the room.

Mayumi who was lying beside L.Joe on the bed, hiding, was nervous that she would be found out. L.Joe tried to make sure that she was covered. Then he noticed that the housekeeper was approaching his other side of the bed where Mayumi was. L.Joe put his arm around her and pulled her closer to him. While doing it, the housekeeper was getting closer and was about to touch the blanket Mayumi was under. L.Joe then coughed slightly and the housekeeper looked the other way and walked towards the small table beside his bed.

"There you are..," The housekeeper took the scarf and exited the ward.

L.Joe gave a sigh of relief and slowly uncovered Mayumi when he saw her sleeping under his arm. L.Joe just smiled and leveled himself to watch her sleeping. L.Joe then slowly slept in beside her till morning came.

==========

The next morning, Mayumi slowly opened her eyes and saw a pair of eyes watching he while smiling. Knowing who was it, she widened her eyes and sat up. She looked around the room and remembered the night before.

Without saying anything, she got up from his bed and got ready to leave the place before the others came in to visit him. Seeing her rushing, L.Joe said,"Are you just going to leave me after I saved you last night?"

Mayumi stopped her tracks and slowly turned around and asked,"What do you want me to do? I shouldn't be here. Your housekeeper will come in anytime soon."

"It's still early for her to visit me. Why don't you accompany me for breakfast?" L.Joe said.

Mayumi looked at her watch and hesitated. Without a choice, she pushed the wheelchair towards him and helped him to sit on it. L.Joe happily sat down and he directed her to the cafeteria. Upon arriving the cafeteria, the people hardly recognised L.Joe due to him wearing the mask which covered only the bottom part of his face.

"So what do you want to eat?" Mayumi asked.

"Umm..fishball soup," L.Joe selected his breakfast choice.

Mayumi gave a slight nod and walked towards the vendors. After a while, she came back with his fishball soup and a tuna bread. She handed the soup bowl to him and he asked,"You're going to eat only that?"

"Uh yeah..Not that hungry," She lied as she did not want him to know that she was short of money.

L.Joe saw her taking a bite on her tuna bread and knew why. He then wheelchaired himself towards one of the vendors and asked for a small empty bowl. He walked back and poured his portion on the small empty bowl and gave the remaining to Mayumi.

"Here. Eat this. You need your strength for work later on," L.Joe said while giving a spoon to her.

Mayumi looked surprised and did not what to say. L.Joe urged her to eat her portion while he ate his. She grabbed the spoon and ate it. L.Joe smiled at her eating well and asked,"So are you going to visit me again tonight like any other days?"

Mayumi stopped eating and taken aback by what he said. She looked at him and asked,"H..How did you know that I visited you everyday..?"

L.Joe just chuckled lightly without answering and continued eating his rice. After a while, he said,"I hope you will because if you don't...I'm going to miss you."

Upon hearing that last three words, her heart beat rapidly and swallowed hard and stuttered,"W..Why should..you miss me? We..'re not even friends."

"It's because I love having your presence every night. And I like having you around. Don't you remember the confession I made to you before this?" L.Joe smiled while looking at her with soft eyes.

======

That day when she was being chased, L.Joe saved her by pulling her to the dark alley and that very first confession happened.

Before she asked anymore questions, L.Joe brought his lips to her lips and kissed which made her shocked. He pulled away slowly and looked into her eyes with his soft eyes and said with a soft tone,"It's because I had fallen in love with you."

======

Remembering that, she slowly turned bright red and L.Joe chuckled. He then brought his face closer to hers and whispered and kissed her cheek,"Don't keep me waiting, okay?"

Upon receiving his kiss, her face getting redder and decided to leave for work as an excuse. L.Joe watched her walking off while laughing lightly and said,"She's really cute when she's embarrassed."