ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 27

A day had passed.

In the quiet, dimly lit living room, Rebecca sat opposite Freen, the tension between them palpable. Despite the weight of unspoken words hanging heavy in the air, neither dared to break the uneasy silence that had settled between them.

Each avoided the other's gaze, their eyes flickering restlessly around the living room, searching for an escape from the suffocating atmosphere.

The memory of their encounter at the mansion which is the night where freen is having her fever lingered like a specter, casting a shadow over their present interaction. Though it hung unspoken between them, its presence loomed large, a reminder of the forbidden desires that simmered beneath the surface.

And then there was the kiss—the stolen moment of intimacy amidst the chaos of the proposal at the park. It hung between them like an invisible barrier, an unspoken truth that neither was willing to acknowledge. They had shared a moment of vulnerability, a fleeting glimpse into the depths of their tangled emotions, only to retreat into the safety of denial.

Seriously, both of them never talked about it and act like nothing were happened. They were still acting like they hating each other terribly, and what worse is, they didn't realise the depth of feelings inside their heart. And for rebecca, the main thing she want to focus is the revenge and the result of the revenge.

About other things? No. She dont want. This is a contract marriage. Nothing more. Yes. Nothing more.

"So i heard tomorrow will be the family gathering and introductions?" Freen suddenly broke the ice between them makes rebecca lift up her face and humming.

"Yup. A-and.. a-are you not gonna going back to the palace?" Rebecca ask with a gulp makes freen look at her and scoffed. "You're hating me that much huh? Alright, im gonna go." Freen said and started to stood up, fixing her jacket cooly makes rebecca stares to her. Freen glance to rebecca with a tint smirk. Yeah she basically knows she's hot, and she know rebecca is staring to her.

"Dont miss me."Freen said with a tint secret smile as she walked out from the mansion while rebecca just frowning, wearing her disgusted face. "As if." She mumbles before she grasp for her phone and started to call for someone.

"Yeah. Irin. Lets hang out." She said through the call with chuckles and of course with that she went to her room to getting ready, wanting to meet irin at their usual place. 

After putting her casual outfit, rebecca called for a taxi as the taxi drove away splitting the night road, going towards the destinations that rebecca told. Once she arrived, she get inside the cafe only to meet irin who's already sipping her drinks. "Hello, my lady." Irin said, chuckled makes rebecca smiling and have a sit in front of her.

"Tomorrow is the family introductions! Finally, it will happened. Orn and mother will be so unpleasant tomorrow." Rebecca said, smirking and grabbing irin's drink to sip on it too. Rebecca is so happy but Irin sighing out loud, and stay silence which make rebecca lift her face and look at irin's worried face expressions.

"What? Why? I thought you will be happy as my best friend?" Rebecca ask, pushing the drink to the centre and stares to irin intently.

"Are you serious about this, rebecca? Marriage is not a easy thing." Irin ask, sounding so serious out of sudden. Rebecca furrowed her eyebrows and look at her in weird. "What? How many times i told you, im serious. This is just a contract marriage. You know that." Rebecca said with a little chuckled, wanting to ease the tension between them. Of course! Irin looks dead serious. What happened?

"Freen didn't tell anything to you? About her or something?" Irin ask, makes rebecca once again furrowed her eyebrows hardly. Gosh, why not irin just told her? "What is it? Nothing. Why?! Just told me!!!" Rebecca scoffed as with a loud sigh, irin shook her head.

"Nothing. I was just worried of you. If anything happened, just tell me okay? You always have me." Irin said makes rebecca smiling and nod her head cutely. "Awww you're so sweet, my gummybear."

"But gosh, p'freen literally 13 years old older than you! She can be your dad!" Irin said again, groaning in annoyed and that's making rebecca chuckled out loud and nod. "Right. She's basically an oldie." Rebecca mutters and sighing out loud.

but she's hot though

Rebecca shakes of her thoughts, as she started to talking about something else. Both of them chuckled as with that, they spending time with gossiping about others, talking about works, dramas, or updating anything that happened towards them. That's their routine everyweek. Or should we say every three days?

For sure, no one could separate irin from rebecca. Just look at them! They literally fits each other like a twin sister! Ugh.