ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 26

As the morning light filtered through the curtains, gently nudging Rebecca awake from her fitful slumber, she became acutely aware of the stiffness in her neck, a painful reminder of the uncomfortable position in which she had spent the night.

But as her bleary eyes fluttered open, her heart skipped a beat at the realization that she had unwittingly rested her head on Freen's shoulder throughout the night. Panic surged through her veins as she recoiled from the intimacy of the gesture, her mind racing with a flurry of excuses and explanations. But luckily, freen is not woke up yet.

Before she could gather her thoughts, however, the tranquility of the moment was shattered by the sudden knock of the main door and the next thing she know is the queen which also Freen's mother already staring onto her with her stunned expression mirrored Rebecca's own shock and embarrassment.

Frozen in place, Rebecca could only watch in mortification as Freen's mother's mouth fell open in disbelief at the sight before her.

Stammering and flustered, Rebecca attempted to explain herself, her words tumbling out in a jumble of nervousness and desperation. "M-mother, I-i mean her majesty, its-its not like what you're thinking. I just...." But before she could utter another syllable, Freen's mother held up a hand, cutting her off with a single word.

"Stop."

The command was firm yet gentle, halting Rebecca's rambling explanation in its tracks. With a heavy sigh, Freen's mother turned her gaze to her daughter, who still slumbered peacefully on the couch, oblivious to the commotion unfolding around her. Rebecca bit her lip, feeling the weight of her embarrassment settle like a leaden weight in the pit of her stomach.

Lowering her head in defeat, she could only stand there, cheeks flushed with embarrassment, as the queen's presence loomed over her like an unspoken judgment, leaving her to grapple with the awkward aftermath of their unexpected encounter.

"What are you doing here?" Mrs Chankimha ask makes rebecca lift up her face and flusteredly answer "I-i... we. I-i mean... we stay here together. F-freen ask me to stay here so.. i just did. But i swear, nothing happened." Rebecca said nervously and fake a chuckled makes freen's mom raise her eyebrows and glance to freen in weird.

"What? You're staying here? Gosh. and Seriously? Freen sleeping that deep from last night until now?" She ask makes rebecca gulped and nod her head slowly. She was so nervous as the queen literally see her staring and sitting beside freen as if she was spying the other woman who was still peacefully sleeping.

"Should i wake her up—-"

"No! No need. Let her be. She always didn't get a deep sleep before. So let her. Im going back." Mrs Chankimha said and turn around makes rebecca quickly went to the door and open it for her. Mrs Chankimha raise her eyebrows and glance to rebecca who was wearing her awkward smiles. "Oh.." She suddenly turn around again makes rebecca look at her with a gulp.

"Yes, what is it, uhm... mother?" Rebecca politely said.

Freen's mother stares to her deeply, and eyeing her up and down makes rebecca felt a little bit uncomfortable but when their eyes meet again, the older woman started to talk.

"Lets do it. The family gathering." She said makes rebecca gasped. "W-what?"

Rebecca was so shocked, and her eyes widened at the moment. What? What does that means?

With a deep sigh, mrs chankimha look at her again and said "I give my approval. So lets do the family gathering and decide the date as soon as possible."

Rebecca gasped once again and couldn't help but to stunned and froze. "R-really?!"

"Yes. Its because i had never seen freen seek for the permission from us to marry a woman before this. So i guess, you're that worthy to her. So its a deal." Mrs Chankimha said coldly and purposely didn't shows her true feelings towards rebecca - that she slowly started to like rebecca as her daughter in law.

That's words makes rebecca quickly pull her into a hug, and rebecca smiling widely while keep thanking the queen rapidly. She can't describe how happy she is, and for sure, this happiness is only because of the revenge. Right? Yeah it better be that.

"Thankyou mother! Thankyou!" Rebecca pull out from the hug and smiling widely. With a slow nod, Mrs Chankimha give a tint smiles before walking away, leaving rebecca in front of the mansions's main door.

The approval is done! Next, the wedding, and let her family slowly dying in anger seeing her life. Especially, Orn. So that everyone who's love her will dying too. Non, Mrs Luny, and others. She swear, she wont let them step on her again. She swear, she will change her life. 

But, what will happened if the truth slowly reveal? What is the truth and about who?