ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 17

The dinner at Armstrong's mansion was shrouded in an uneasy silence, punctuated only by the clinking of silver spoon against plates. The tension in the air was palpable, weighing heavily on the shoulders of those seated around the table.

Suddenly, Orn rose from her seat, her movements abrupt and tense. Mr. Armstrong's gaze followed her, his brow furrowing in concern as he addressed her.

"Are you trying to starve yourself or something? Why aren't you eating?" he inquired, his tone laced with frustration and worry.

Orn's eyes bore into her father's, their depths betraying a sense of hurt and disappointment that threatened to spill over into tears. With a trembling voice, she voiced the pain that had been festering within her.

"You don't even care if I pass out," she accused, her words heavy with accusation as she struggled to contain her emotions.

As the weight of Orn's words hung in the air, a heavy silence descended upon the room, enveloping them in its suffocating embrace. "Why did you let rebecca married freen? I know freen first." Orn said again as her father just stares to her as deep as hers too.

"Then you should've gotten her to fall for you. Look at how she run in and told us that she want to marry rebecca. That's when a person love another person. They can't be stop." Mr Armstrong said makes Orn's eyes releasing its angry tears with her hands crumpled to a tight shaky fist.

"As expected. You never be on my side." Orn said and before she could walk away, Mrs Luny Armstrong coming towards them and grab her to have a sit again. And there, the three of them sit again facinng each other.

"Father just dont have guts to refuse the prince, Sweetie. That's not because of rebecca. Right honey?" Mrs Luny said makes Mr Armstrong scoffed and look at her with his eyebrows furrowed tightly. "What?"

"Father, i want——" Rebecca's voices suddenly heard to take permissions to out from her father but its stop when her eyes meet the three of them who's having dinner at the dining table.

"Rebecca. Come here. I want to talk." Mr Armstrong said with a smile makes rebecca slowly walk towards them and stares to them one by one. And guess what? She could ses how Mrs Luny was so annoyed of her and so do Orn. Orn even still in rage tears right now because of what just now. But that's not rebecca's problems. She doesnt want to be a weak person anymore. She's someone else. She want to be someone else that not that pathetic just like before.

"How about the family introduction between our family and the prince's family? Will that happened?" Mr. Armstrong ask makes rebecca smiling and nod her head. "It will father, i will—-"

"Marriage is not only between the two. I heard Freen's family is not pleased at all about this marriage." Mrs Luny said, as she put the spoon and fork down before she lift her face up and stares to rebecca with a tint smirk plastered on her lips.

"The majesty wont approve this easily, rebecca. Freen is their second child. And the grandchild that the grandmother which is also the owner of the Chankimha Group loves so much." Mrs Luny answer makes rebecca's lips curled to a smirk too and she proudly and confidently answer.

"I will get their approval."

"What?" Mrs Luny raise her eyebrows in disbelief.

"I will make sure i get that approval, and the marriage is happened. Plus, i deserve a wedding that filled with blessings between two families and with a great celebrations. And i will make sure you guys enjoy it. For sure." Rebecca shrugged her shoulder and confidently answer makes Mrs Luny didn't even averted her deep sharp annoyed eyes towards rebecca.

At that moment, Mrs Luny was so mad, and she hold her madness with clenching her own fist.

"Father, im going first. I will talk about the family introduction with freen later. I was about to going out with her." Rebecca smiles and only earning a awkward nod from her father before she walk to the outside of them house with a deep sigh. For once again, she could manage this cruel and sharp words from her mother.

And for once too, she really decided to give revenge on them. Without she knowing, this planned business revenge with freen will slowly revealing the truth.

A truth that had been hide for the rest of her life and the truth might make rebecca heart broken.