ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 28

In the grand hall, adorned with opulent decorations, the long gold square table served as the stage for a meeting of two worlds. On one side sat the Armstrong family, regal and composed, their presence commanding respect as they faced the royal family with a sense of familiarity born of duty and tradition.

Opposite them sat the Chankimha family, their demeanor tinged with unease and apprehension as they found themselves in the company of those who had pursued their youngest children with relentless determination.

Silence enveloped the room, broken only by the occasional shuffle of feet or the rustle of fabric as eyes darted nervously between the two families. Awkwardness hung heavy in the air, mingling with an undercurrent of tension that crackled beneath the surface.

For the Armstrongs, this meeting was a formality, a chance to solidify alliances and secure their place in the upper echelons of society. But for the Chankimhas, it was a daunting prospect, a confrontation with the very individuals who had disrupted the tranquility of their family dynamic.

As the moments stretched on, each passing second seemed to magnify the weight of expectation and the burden of unspoken truths. And yet, amidst the silence and the tension, there lingered a glimmer of possibility—a chance for understanding, reconciliation, and perhaps even acceptance. It is, isn't?

"Im Nun Seo In, the chankimha's queen, who is also freen's mother. And this, the grandmother and i think all of you know her, and this my husband, his majesty." Nun Seo In declared, her voice carrying an air of regality as she gestured gracefully to her husband, the king, and the grandmother. Her words garnered a respectful smile from Mr. Armstrong.

"Glad to meet you, his majesty and the family. I'm sorry I have nothing to offer you since I'd know you have everything in this world" Mr. Armstrong attempted to lighten the atmosphere with a touch of humor, eliciting laughter from some, but not from Orn and Mrs. Luny. Their cold stares bore into Rebecca incessantly, a stark contrast to the congeniality in the room, and that sight not lost on Freen. Freen saw that.

"Im sorry, Our first son is working and not available today. Its okay, and should we started and decide the date of the wedding?" Mr Chankimha, freen's dad suddenly said makes Freen turn to him and slightly smile. "I want this wedding to be done as soon as possible, father." Freen said respectfully makes her family raising their eyebrows but Mrs Luny and Orn scoffed hearing that.

"His majesty, her majesty, im sorry if i said this, but are you sure you want to have this adopted daughter of mine to be your daughter in law?" Mrs Luny suddenly said and that's when Freen's mom averted her eyes towards her, glaring deeply.

A little scoffed escape from her mouth. "What do you mean, Mrs Armstrong?" She asked makes Mrs Luny smiling and stares to rebecca a second before to Mrs Chankimha again. "She's have nothing. She even didn't know who is her mom. And yet you want to accepted her into this family? Why dont you look at my beautiful daughter? Orn deserve freen more than rebecca. Freen is in the higher level, and you know that." Mrs Luny said and that's when freen's mom got this.

Freen's mom chuckled while look down on her own lap for a second, and she lift up her face only to look at rebecca who's glaring to her mom with her teary yet determination and anger eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes that full with disappointment yet disbelief look.

"I think im not wrong in choosing rebecca." Mrs chankimha said, and that's making Mrs luny and Orn gasped. "What?"

Mrs Chankimha averted her eyes towards Mrs Luny, she stares onto her deeply with a tint smirks. "What type of mom you are telling bad things about your own daughter in front of others? How awful your heart is, Mrs Luny? Oh, and what's wrong about being a adopted girl? What's so wrong about taking a adopted girl into my family? Its good, as long as she, had a good heart and im sure, rebecca is the one." Mrs Chankimha said with her deep stares and that's leaving Mrs Luny and Orn in shock.

Its not only them, freen, Rebecca, and including the grandmother. They're shock when hearing and seeing how this stubborn mother of freen right now is defending rebecca, a girl who's she didn't like before.

The situation was tense for a while makes Mr Armstrong glance to his wife and slightly shows his glare to her as if he want to say that she need to be more respectful in front of this Royal family. With that, Mrs Luny scoffed and look down while Mr Armstrong turn to look at the royals and smiling widely. "So, i will let My rebecca, and also the prince to put the date. We're okay with it." He said makes freen slightly raise her eyebrows and glance to her mother and father.

"How about next week?" Freen said makes rebecca gasped, and so do the others.

"What? Isn't that so fast, freen?" Freen's father ask makes freen smirking and glance to rebecca. "We should do it as fast as possible, father. I can't hold myself anymore." Freen said which makes rebecca's cheek flushing red as she glares to her deeply.

"Freen??!!" Rebecca scold her in whispers but only earning a sly smile from her. The grandmother and the others shook their head before the grandmother started talking. "So how? Is it okay to be held the wedding next week, Mr Armstrong?"

"Oh-its great! Its good as long as the grandmother and the majesty agree. Im okay with that, and im respectfully will accept it." Mr Armstrong said, lowing down his head to show his respect and politeness makes freen smiling.

"So yeah, just next week then. Okay honey?" His majesty said makes his wife nodding and stood up from the chair. "I approved." Mrs Chankimha said before walking away leaving all of them makes all of them look at her figure in stunned. Yes. at the moment, freen's mom could feel she was so disbelief of Armstrong's behaviour. Especially Mrs Luny. How can she talking bad about her own child even though its her adopted child? Gosh.

Mr Chankimha chuckled awkwardly to ease the tense situation.

"Sorry about the queen, so im approve. The wedding will be held next week." With that, all of them nod especially rebecca and freen who smiling widely. Finally, everything is done, and only waiting for the day of the wedding.

The wedding day, everythings gonna be good right?