ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 101

The next day of the press conference finally here.

Rebecca stood at the back of the main hall, clutching the paper bag containing the gift for Freen tightly in her hands. She hesitated, uncertain whether she should approach her husband in the midst of the chaotic press conference. The hall buzzed with activity, filled with reporters, guests, and VIPs from other companies, creating a cacophony of noise that seemed to echo off the walls.

Rebecca's heart raced as she scanned the crowd, searching for a glimpse of Freen amidst the sea of faces. She felt a surge of nerves coursing through her veins, her palms growing clammy as she wrestled with her conflicting emotions.

She was so nervous and hesitated. Did her decision to come here is a good decision? Its for freen.. but, she still not good with her. Nah, its okay, its just for supporting freen. Yes, supporting her.

"Rebecca!" A voices suddenly heard against her ears, as when she turn around, her eyes meeting a big family of her husband. Freen's family. The grandmother and the queen running towards her excitedly with their wide smiles.

Rebecca's heart swelled with warmth as Freen's family enveloped her in a warm hug, their familiar embrace providing her with a sense of comfort amidst the chaos of the press conference. She returned their hug with a soft smile, grateful for their presence and understanding.

"Oh, sweetheart, you're here! I thought you weren't coming!" Freen's mother exclaimed, her voice filled with relief as they broke the embrace. Rebecca's smile widened at the genuine warmth in her mother-in-law's eyes.

"I... just... yeah," Rebecca mumbled, her words trailing off as she struggled to find the right explanation for her existence.

"It's okay, I understand. Freen also said she's upset since she thought you might not be coming on this big day," Freen's grandmother chimed in, her gentle touch soothing Rebecca's frayed nerves.

Rebecca's eyebrows raised in surprise at her grandmother-in-law's words. Freen was upset? She hadn't realized the extent of her husband's disappointment at the possibility of her absence. Guilt tugged at Rebecca's heart as she realized how her actions had affected Freen.

With renewed determination, Rebecca straightened her posture and offered a grateful nod to Freen's family. Despite the challenges that lay ahead, she knew that she had their support and understanding, and that gave her the strength to face whatever came her way.

Suddenly,

"We will start the press conference in a minute! The guest and the VIPs should take your seats now." Rebecca's heart raced as the MC's announcement echoed through the hall, signaling the imminent start of the press conference. She felt a surge of anxiety coursing through her veins as she struggled to compose herself amidst the flurry of activity.

"Rebecca, let's go. We should get inside," the grandmother urged, her gentle tone filled with encouragement. But Rebecca's stomach churned with nerves, her mind racing with a million thoughts and uncertainties.

"U-uhm... you all can go first, father, mother, grandmother. I just... will wait here for a while," Rebecca stammered, her voice trembling slightly as she struggled to find the right words.