Chapter 69: Daybreak (5)

[You have successfully transferred your consciousness.]

I shook my head in a daze. My body was unceremoniously collapsed on the ground in an uncomfortable position.

Groaning, I propped myself up a bit.

"Wha-you!" Flustered, Iris was peering down at my face. "What's going on with you?"

Right. I had just fallen off with the final disaster. My left hand reached to my right arm and squeezed the unharmed version.

It was strange to be in a body that suddenly wasn't wounded, but it was still my body.

It's over.

I felt myself instantly relax with those words as I sighed.

"Hey, stop lying down! There are still the undead around!" Iris snapped with an upset expression.

It was only then that the howls and screeches of the undead registered in my mind.

Wait.

What?

My heart skipped a beat.

If I had taken down the final disaster, shouldn't the undead that was created by it disappear? Or were they the type to continue to exist after the creator was gone, and we were required to subjugate them?

But shouldn't there be a scenario for that? I mused, until something else was brought to attention.

The scenario-!

[Main Scenario #5: Subjugate the Final Disaster.]

Category: Main

Difficulty: A~S

Description: The final disaster, 'Boy summoned to another world', has been discovered in the Washington DC dome before the time limit had run out. Therefore, the final disaster is in a weakened state. Kill the final disaster before the time limit runs out and they regain their full strength, and clear the 5th main scenario!

Time limit: --

Reward: 100 000 coins, ???

Failure: Death to all in the Washington DC dome.

*note: The final disaster will grow in strength when night falls. It is advised to kill them before then.

+

[Time before the final disaster regains their full strength: 28 hours.]

Chills crept down my spine.

Why hasn't it concluded yet?

[An error in the scenario has occurred.]

I turned around and looked across the ground littered with smashed limbs and corpses that had made up the 4th grade undead that stayed unmoving.

Using the relative position that I was sure the final disaster had fallen in, I made my way over, tamping my disgust at all the mangled flesh I was stepping over.

I tried to stay clear of the cracks in the ground and the large gaping hole that the grade 4 undead had emerged from, wary of any possible ambushes from undead still hiding within its depths. A psychological fear of the past 4th grade undead still permeated my stomach from merging with the avatar.

"Where are you going?" Iris felt exasperated by my behavior.

I didn't answer.

There was something more important than that that was consuming my mind.

The undead above flapped their wings and circled around after the fall of the grade 4 undead, but thankfully didn't approach.

As I walked, a familiar piece of clothing filled my vision.