Chapter 61: One Disaster (3)

"It's right this way. I shall be going now," The incarnation gestured toward an individual patient's room before he gave a small salute and hurried off.

Out of the bustling hallways, the private room within the building appeared to be a world of its own, having isolated the sounds from the outside.

It has good soundproofing. I noted.

Then my eyes quickly scanned the room curiously, before settling onto the propped-up figure on the bed in the room.

Although Anna Croft still looked pale, her arms were now wrapped up in bandages and secured to a brace for the bones to mend themselves correctly.

A nurse had been attending their commander at the side, sweat dripping down their face as they activated a healing skill of some sort, before Anna Croft softly whispered something to the nurse to get them to evacuate the room.

Judging by the fact that Anna was allowing this kind of treatment either told me she wanted to save her potent healing items, or that she had none left.

Calmly, the nurse surveyed the passing people, not reacting much to Selena nor much to the two strangers that came with her. Keeping professionalism, the nurse closed the door behind her on her way out.

-click!-

Now, it was just Anna Croft, Selena, Jung Younho and I who remained in the room.

"Anna, how are you feeling?" Selena was the first one to initiate the conversation.

"I am recovering." Anna, with a collected expression on her face, nodded her head, "By the way, Captain Selena, I am assigning you with the mission we have discussed before. You should prepare your team and set out immediately."

"You mean...'that'?" Selena appeared hesitant.

"Yes. As Iris has already secured her side, it is now your turn." Anna gave Selena a faint smile.

"But I-"

"We have no time." The smile had dropped from Anna's face as her tone turned stern.

At that, Selena flinched, perhaps reminded of a prior memory when Anna punished her with that same tone.

Is it me, or does Selena look more timid than what I thought she would be like? My brows furrowed by a tinge as I attempted to shift through my memories of both [Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint] and as my setting of reading [Three Ways to Survive in a Ruined World].

"Yes." With a downcast look, Selena obeyed Anna's instruction as she headed for the door, but not before giving us one final, "farewell, best of wishes".

Once again, the door resounded with a -click!- as it closed shut.

With that, it was just Jung Youngho, Anna and me in the room.

What should I say now? Although I had wanted to meet Iris or Anna Croft to be updated about the situation, I wasn't sure how to phrase my following words, nor was I completely sure about my next set of actions, whether to priorities finding out more about this round, or discovering a way to get back to the Seoul dome of the 1864th round.

Right, I could say-

"What are you planning to do now?" Before I could speak these words, Anna Croft beat me to them.

Come to think of it, Anna must have known for a long while now.

Taken aback with my mouth slightly open, a few stumbling words made their way out of my mouth,

"W-well, I..."

What did I want to do?

"Will you try to find a way back to your own round?" Anna Croft, as if knowing my inner thoughts, asked the same question in my heart.