Chapter 63: One Disaster (5)

Passing through a window broken in a scuffle, Jung Youngho and I warily avoided the shards of glass on the floor as we perked our ears, hidden within the shade of the apartment unit we had infiltrated from the balcony.

"Um, shouldn't we be keeping an eye out for people from Base A? They can ruin our plans-"

"Haha, have no fear! I am a prophet superior to that Anna Croft! Besides, there's no one here right now, and the people from Base A are recovering from an undead swarm anyway."

"Ohh, as expected of our prophet for having predicted that."

They know about the attack? I narrowed my eyes, finding that suspicious. Additionally -

There's a prophet other than Anna? If I had Kim Dokja's [Character List], I would have liked to check.

Unfortunately, I did not, so I could only go on the information being said.

"This time, we'll be the ones to pull ahead. Especially since I have this bad boy."

"Uh, sir, we shouldn't pull that out here."

Since we had hidden thoroughly, it was hard to catch all the details of the people walking past from our angle, causing me to not know what they were talking about.

Soon, the footsteps of the crowd of people walking forward were fading away, along with their voices.

I signaled to Jung Youngho with my eyes to follow them discreetly. However, as none of us had stealth skills, we followed from a far distance away. After all, who knew if the people in that group had a detection skill.

Also, it was coincidental that the people we were following were also heading in a general north-west direction.

But was this really all a coincidence? Somehow, I felt like there was a fate pushing me forward to have discovered them, and followed them.

Let's not think too much.

Shelving back a budding thought I couldn't express, Jung Youngho and I crept closer to the group, until we laid our sights on a large cathedral.

It was a building as majestic and intricately designed, if not more, than the United States capitol. The cathedral stood tall within a surrounding greenery, thankfully barely touched from any damage.

The Washington National Cathedral.

We silently raced across the trees and scaled the building, perching on one of the windows that had been broken and peering into the main cathedral, where the benches below remained relatively untouched.

From Jung Youngho, who thankfully had still kept his [Invisibility Cloak Replica] item, he draped it over us, adding an added layer of protection. We didn't need to keep on the move any longer, because we had found what the group below had come for.

Below the circular stained glass window, in-front of the cathedral benches for sermons was a [Moon Stone], just like the one that Carus had hatched out of.

These people had known that a 'guide' slumbered in this place.

[An otherworldly being is waking up.]

[You've encountered a creature from a different world for the second time in this scenario. As an accomplishment, 'Otherworld Interpreter lv. 1' has become 'Otherworld Interpreter lv. 2'.]

[1000 coins have been awarded.]

Are there any benefits to the level up? I wondered.

The group pouring in mana previously backed up as the [Moon Stone] began to glow with a blinding intensity.