Chapter 34: Preparation (1)

How Chunni.

Although I was on-guard, there was a safety net over this whole thing.

Firstly, Jung Youngho was a part of my station, and thus, could not fight against me unless I decided to release him.

And secondly, the contract between me and Jung Youngho's sponsor prevented him from harming me.

For now.

I cleared my throat.

"I'm afraid you can't do anything to me right now. You better ask your sponsor about that,"

After I had spoken, [Great King Heoncheon Hongdo Gyungmum] instantly conversed with his incarnation, evidently waiting for this chance for a while.

[Some constellations are impressed by your actions.]

[The good-aligned constellations are frowning.]

[Some Korean peninsula constellations are shaking their heads, displeased.]

Man, were the negative effects happening already because I saved Jung Youngho from his state? Besides, there were this many constellations watching?

Regardless of the constellations' opinions, what was done was done, and I stabilized the hesitation rising from that.

Jung Youngho was going to be a big help in the upcoming event. If not, then what the heck was I doing?

Just as I was done reflecting upon my actions briefly, Jung Youngho looked back over.

His face was also clearly displeased about the whole thing.

He grumbled something under his breath that I chose not to listen to, but decided to put his sword away.

"Don't worry. I won't ask anything for now. Just that I hope you don't cause trouble to anyone in the station and stay put. I think your sponsor has already told you, but you'll know when I request help." I told him.

And with that, I gave a small smile and departed, not lingering around.

After all, we didn't have anything to talk about after the [Welcome Prison] and I would like to minimalize my contact with this kind of person who became a psychotic murderer at the end of the world.

Especially since he had no qualms and hesitations at stabbing me with a halberd at the end of the illusion, before consent and preparation.

Haha.

"Hey, you-" I think I heard Jung Youngho snarl behind me, but I was long gone from ear-shot.

So long~

I thought to myself giddily as I ran.

Sometimes, I felt like my high agility stat was a cheat as I streamed past the tunnels back to the main area, but thinking about the cost caused a pain in my gut.

So, what next?

I thought through my next courses of actions, to prepare for the next large event that I had been thinking of ever since waking up in-front of Lee Sookyung's base.

And that was making a non-aggression pact with the other kings.

Even with Jung Youngho on my side - no, precisely because Jung Youngho was under my station now - that I needed to do this.

With the deterrence of Jung Youngho, as well as knowledge of the person who could control him, the other kings would not readily open fire.

The hermit king as well as another on-the-fence king were neutral kings, so they should be okay. Maybe.