Chapter 25: Spokesperson (5)

I sat in a makeshift tent, looking at the map of the station and wanting to hold my head and cry from stress.

A blue coloured flag contraption was placed on the table.

We had taken over several stations whilst speed running, and luckily, in these few hours, three of the two stations we took over were ones who were newly added into the main scenario.

Indeed, rushing like this was a risky endeavor, and many of the actions were done on the fly, but there was a silver lining in the darkness.

It was the fact that I was one of the few people with the highest possible stats.

Well, it's a good thing I don't have to use wits for this sort of thing. I thought to myself.

"Hey, done looking at the map?" Mrs. Wang called on me. She came in without notice. Again. I was used to it though.

After coming this far, people were restocking on some of the items they needed, or taking a well-needed break after rushing for this long.

The stations were not converted into a force, per-se, as I let the people who were running it continue on as usual.

We didn't have the time to micro-manage them at the moment.

Of course, when I came across a situation where one of the stations was not chill with my decision and was trying to send a messenger to another allied station to take me down, I set up an example of them.

Needless to say, they didn't want to taste the punishment held by the representative any time soon.

Still, sighing, I replied to Mrs. Wang.

"As we don't have much time left in the day, we have to push straight through, or we won't make it. Therefore, we are going to have to go to plan B and split our forces. Team 'Stations' will need to follow Su Peng, and Team 'Conquer' is going with me straight to Jung Youngho."

It was a plan thought up mostly by Su Peng, and worked on by the other people in that small dingy closet.

Honestly, why am I the leader? Su Peng would make a great leader. And besides, I'm not leader material. I'm more of a contributing member.

Alas, I decided to accept the fact that I was more leader-in-name than anything.

"Are you sure leaving just Gravy behind (at Bonghwasan station) will be fine?" Mrs. Wang expressed her concern to me more than once during our rush.

It was clear she was concerned about her people.

"Do you not trust her?" I looked Mrs. Wang in the eye.

"I do. I just don't trust you." She replied back.

"Cool, didn't ask for your opinion about that." I waved it off, now that Mrs. Wang had said this for the nth time.

"Get everyone ready to set out." I commanded as if I was saying a suggestion in a passing, staying in my position in the make-shift tent I borrowed from the current station we were staying at.

"Oh, and, take this." I threw something over.

"What?" Mrs. Wang's eyes popped out when she recognized the object in her hands.

"You know what to do with it." I waved my hand, telling her she could go.

Mrs. Wang rolled her eyes, but did not dally.

The flutter of the tent flap, and Mrs. Wang was gone, leaving me behind by myself.

"...Am I doing the right thing?" I mused to myself, under my breath. A singular sentence as the only utterance I would allow, for I bottled up all other rants threatening to spill out of my lips.