Chapter 39: Trap (3)

There were more mirrors.

As I panned around, I was encased in a dome of mirrors that showcased more "selves".

And then I stirred.

Involuntarily, my eyelids slid open, blinking, once, twice.

Groaning, and feeling my throat to be immensely parched, I tried to shift into a sitting position, realizing belatedly the blanket that covered me had slipped off with the movement.

Where am I?

Confused and disoriented with a feverish feeling, I tried to sort out my memories.

"What are you doing? Lie back down." A voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Na Bori...?" I looked at my visitor.

"Yep. What, are you disappointed that it's me?" Na Bori teased as she pressed on my shoulder, firmly pushing me back down onto the makeshift bed.

"Well, no, but...I...What happened?" I frowned.

Na Bori sighed.

"Well first of all, you've been unconscious for a whole day now. Also, here,"

"A whole day?!" I exclaimed, cringing at the pain at using my dry throat like this.

Na Bori handed me some water to drink, or more like, helped hold the water for me to drink.

I quietly drank the cup of water.

With my thirstiness solved, my mind began to clear.

The images of past events slowly surfaced in my mind.

Jung Youngho and I met up with that avatar, and then...

...there was a man in a black coat.

He said something.

But what was it that he was saying?

And who was he? He couldn't have been -

"Man, why do you keep getting in trouble like this?" Na Bori gave a loud sigh that interrupted my train of thought as she shook her head in disapproval.

"I don-" I tried reflexively resisting the statement-like question.

"Yes, you do." Na Bori shot down my protest.

I couldn't help but touch my nose in shame.

Seeing that the atmosphere was turning awkward, Na Bori changed the topic.

"Anyways, I can't believe that jerk of a master. He just went 'shing' at you." Na Bori accompanied the onomatopoeia with a stabbing motion, fuming.

That made me concerned.

What even happened before I fainted?

"Good thing Lee Jihye and I were there to save your @ss. Hmph. What was I thinking when I accepted him as my master? You weren't there, but his training regime for us has gone far overboard!"

As Na Bori droned on about her piling complaints, I recalled the explosion from the Mass Destruction Magic Bullet from that garbage avatar.

That explosion really did a number on all of us.

"More than that, did you guys get hurt? And what about the avatar? And Jung Youngho?" I butt in.

"Keep that concern to yourself, you patient. Me and Lee Jihye are fine." Na Bori rolled her eyes, her displeasure clear.

"And what do you mean 'avatar'? Also, who's 'Jung Youngho'?"

"They are-" I was about to answer Na Bori's question when a queasy feeling washed over me.