Chapter 55: Anna Croft (1)

The lights that shone in the hallway caused my head to throb. My eyes felt like it had been too long since they had seen the light.

"Then, I'll see you later." Trevor was waving me goodbye as we stood before a doorway.

Anna Croft was conversing with two other people within, but I couldn't hear anything. I made a guess as to who was in the same room, though I wasn't sure.

Selena Kim and Iris? They were well known subordinates of Anna Croft. And, Selena Kim was the one who originally should have taken the 'King of No Killing' attribute that Kim Dokja took for himself instead.

In the middle of the conversation, Selena noticed me standing by the doorway peering in. At this interruption, Anna Croft turned her head and noticed me as well.

With one last moment of conversation, Selena and Iris bowed and departed. With her chocolate brown hair, Selena gave me a polite smile as she walked past.

Iris, with her pigtails, didn't give me the same treatment, deciding not to deign me worth her notice.

I observed them quickly, making way for them, before Anna Croft beckoned me to go in.

"Hello." I gave Anna Croft a brief greeting, before standing still.

Anna Croft hummed in acknowledgement. "So, have you thought about it?"

Thought about what? I stared at Anna Croft blankly.

As a response, Anna Croft closed her eyes briefly, "Do you have any new information that you have remembered?"

I continued to choose silence as my answer as I watched Anna Croft's reaction.

Having not received a reply, Anna Croft's dignified face gained another sliver of irritation in the form of furrowed eyebrows.

"Then tell me this at least. How should I refer to you as?"

"However you like." This time, I answered.

"You..." Anna Croft began, but when she caught sight of my face, she suddenly stopped.

A serene expression stole on her face, and I could not read Anna Croft's emotions anymore.

[Skill, 'Poker face lv. 5' has activated.]

"Very well. I shall call you 'Apostle' then."

"'Apostle'? Why?" Before I could think, my lips already uttered my confusion.

"So, you have finally reacted." Anna Croft gave me a leveled stare.

I couldn't help but look away, like I had lost in some warfare.

"Before, I asked you to answer some of my questions." Anna Croft talked to me despite the fact that my head was turned away, "So I shall fulfil my promise to answer yours now."

"When I found you, you had fallen from the sky, and I gained a vision. You could say that's one of the reasons I'll call you 'Apostle'. There's a role that you must play here."

What kind of nonsense is this? Was Anna Croft already starting her manipulative games?

"In my vision, I saw a glimpse of the 'future'. You have information that will help us. It will help us push past the final disaster plaguing us all."

Hearing this tone of voice, something compelled me to turn my head back. There was something deep and unfathomable in Anna Croft's eyes. Seeing her like this, it was no wonder why she was called a 'prophet' in [Three Ways to Survive in a Ruined World] ...and in [Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint].