Chapter 15: King of Wanderers (5)

"Hey, do you know how Leader Lee was able to get so much information? It feels like she was there at what-cha-ma-call-it station." One of the members of the mission, Chen Ilyong, started a conversation just as everyone set foot a little ways out of the safe zone.

Well, it was not a 'safe zone' anymore due to the poisonous smog dissipating after the second main scenario was over, but at least it was protected well enough from the monsters running around in the once human-run Seoul.

"Everyone, focus! We need to follow through with the mission." Perhaps it was the first time Han Ryuyang was put in charge of this kind of operation, as the leader no less, but her face was grim. The air around her was tense, and despite her best effort not to show it, she was nervous.

"But aren't you also curious?" This time, it wasn't Chen Ilyong who replied, but a rather stout man named Kim Ulguam.

Han Ryuyang remained silent, her brows furrowed.

"You know, I think Leader Lee may have successfully planted a spy over there or something. Man, Leader Lee is amazing in that case." Another one piped in to contribute.

"Then who would the spy be? Don't go around spreading your theories without anything to back it up." A rather pretty woman replied with derision in her eyes.

"Hey!-" The one who came up with the theory bristled, intent to wage a verbal war, before Han Ryuyang gestured to be silent.

"Shhh." Her finger over her lips, the group effectively quieted down, quickly getting alert in the meantime.

"My ability has detected living beings. Disperse and hide." Just as Han Ryuyang left these words, she quietly entered a nearby store and crouched down behind the panel.

The rest of the entourage of a dozen or so did the same, and surprisingly, a group of people appeared around the corner.

They got here quickly. I thought to myself, recognizing a few among the ranks as the people from Indeogwon station.

"Vice-representative-nim, the area is clear!" One of the scouters with the group reported to the man in the lead who was smoking in an attempt to look cool.

Unfortunately, he did not.

So the head is still at the station? I mused, checking each face over but not finding their boss.

However, with such an impressive march through the city, it certainly did not resemble an ambush, but more like a gang ready to rumble.

"Good. Once we get that b*tch, our job will be done. How hard can it be?" The vice-representative I saw in conversation with their boss just a few hours before curled his lip, shifting the cigarette.

A surge of anger made me want to stab the vice-representative.

"Why is the boss so afraid of a measly group like that, anyway?" He continued to mutter, but I was close enough to catch it.

Someone else reacted to the vice-representative's demeaning comments.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw an angry face rise from behind a dumpster.

Jie Kushin?! I felt my heart literally stop when I saw who popped up.

Before I could panic at the near-reveal, a hand came up beside the man who stood up and pulled him back down.

I almost had a heart attack at the fact that our cover was almost blown.

So much so that only after the ambushing group was far from sight did I sigh with relief. It was already nerve-racking enough watching, and more so when I couldn't do anything but watch.