Chapter 65: Daybreak (1)

At the boy's innocent questions upon waking, Jung Youngho laughed, as if finding the situation ridiculous. With bewilderment in their brown eyes, the boy tilted his head this-way-and-that, trying to make sense of why the person currently holding him was laughing at his questions.

Jung Youngho was perhaps wondering to himself, 'how could it be, him being alive?', yet he still held a hidden hope in his heart.

"Um..." Wetting his lips, the boy attempted to sound out Jung Youngho's intentions, "Was it something I said?"

Having laughed for a while, tears had formed at the corners of Jung Youngho's eyes as he replied, "Yes, it was very funny."

At Jung Youngho's words, the boy grew even more confused, until Jung Youngho pinched the boy's nose affectionately.

"L-let go!"

Finally, the boy began to struggle against Jung Youngho, pushing away at him using his hands, and twisting his torso. However, during his struggle, he witnessed Elki's corpse on the ground, and the copious amount of blood oozing out of the carcass of another world's being. The boy's face paled, and he stopped struggling, the tips of his fingers trembling.

With swift actions, Jung Youngho turned the boy's head and buried it into the crook of his neck, patting the boy's back soothingly. This time, the boy didn't struggle against Jung Youngho's actions.

Selena, expression still grim, stood up from her position as she examined the scenario window for herself.

With an uncharacteristically chilly aura, Selena stalked closer to Jung Youngho, passing me by. Getting a premonition of a bad feeling, I quickly slid close to the three.

"He's suspicious, you know? Please hand him to me so I can keep an eye on him." Selena stretched out her hand, asking for Jung Youngho's permission.

It appeared she also had the translator's skill.

"What do you mean he is suspicious?" Jung Youngho growled, pulling the boy closer to himself as he grew wary of Selena.

"Didn't you also notice? Just as the scenario was issued, this kid woke up. Isn't it hinting at something?" Selena narrowed her eyes, and a thin streak of lightning passed by her pupils.

"How preposterous! Just because it was coincidentally at the same time, you're suddenly accusing people? That's not sound evidence!" Jung Youngho shouted.

He was right. It wasn't time to jump to conclusions just yet.

"That's why I'm only going to keep an eye on him. He's only a suspect at this point, but if I find more suspicious points, then I will come to a conclusion after careful thought."

"F*ck, if he's a suspect, then I can be a suspect too!" Jung Youngho was losing himself to anger.

"I'm respecting you because I see you as an ally too. But if you refuse to hand him over, I'm going to resort to force."

This really didn't sound like the Selena I knew.

"Then let me watch him instead!"

Selena shook her head, "No, I can tell you have a lot of attachment to that kid. That's why, I can't leave him with you."

With those words, Selena reached her hand out once more to grab onto the boy. Although the boy couldn't understand Selena's words, he could still sense the bad intentions of the lady before him, along with the context with Jung Youngho words. Added to the blood still coating Selena's clothes and drying around her mouth, she painted a very scary picture.

The boy's pupils constricted as he grabbed onto Jung Youngho's lapels tightly.

"No!" The boy screamed.