Chapter 60: One Disaster (2)

[A command has been issued.]

Like there was an invisible set of orders ingrained in their minds, the incarnations that had been in chaotic formations smoothly transitioned into orderly ones.

All at once, the situation had improved. However, it was merely that. There was still no sign of an overturning of the situation, merely an extension of how long the incarnations in the base could hold out.

Besides that, we were being targeted right now.

-Swoosh!- The flying undead, in the form of bats and birds, worked together to attack the humans on the top of the building at the core of the base.

[The skill, 'Avatar lv. MAX' has been activated.]

[Warning. The scenario is questioning the fairness of your skill.]

[2 avatars have been summoned.]

The same notification appeared once more. It was also the same reason why I couldn't summon an army of avatars to clear the current situation.

How whimsical. My meddling hadn't caused any probability distortions so far, but I couldn't use my skill to its full potential.

"Get out!" I couldn't help but vocalize, kicking a rather large bird of prey that barreled into another, my high stats causing them to burst into bloody chunks.

Behind me, Anna Croft's eyes remained locked in battle as she calmly assessed her next moves, face still pale.

Despite the situation reaching this far, her eyes still held a cold calmness.

Just as I was feeling that the battle was getting dreadful, I could see something approaching at great speed from a distance. The presence was not at all low-key, a twister of large magnitude sweeping up the undead that were continuously fueling the cause of laying siege to the base.

There was something familiar about that.

"Look!"

"What is that?"

Pieces of speech flitted through my ears through the growls of the undead and shouts of the incarnations.

"It-it's coming closer!"

"Don't fear, the commander will know what to do."

"Keep your mind on the battle-!"

I squinted my eyes, swiping a few more flying undead that were blocking pieces of my vision, and as the force of nature approached, I could barely make out a human figure intermittently flashing through the obscure winds.

Something flashed across my mind.

Is that...?

Anna Croft also recognized what the twister symbolized. With an upturn of her lips, Anna gave a small laugh.

"Everyone, keep calm and continue. A helper has arrived." Anna Croft once again spoke to all incarnations within the base.

[A command has been issued.]

This helped put the incarnations' minds at ease, even though they remained skeptical. As they defended, they slowly began to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

-Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!-

Although the twister remained a distance away, everyone could feel the wind stirring and tugging, beckoning them to join the undead being sucked in. Although not all undead that had broken into the base were dealt with, the ones outside the walls were, lightening the load of the incarnations.

Therefore, it was against the undead that they attacked fiercely with renewed vigor.

"Ouuuhhh! Push them out!"