Chapter 48: That, Which is Not in the Script (4)

Demon kings and angels collided.

Corpses piled below the gaps of the clouds that I could see.

Upon my back, pure white wings beat as the owner flew through the carnage.

[Angel scummmm!]

The last piece of information I got was a demon landing on my back and readying their mace.

My pupils shrunk as the mace swung down, and then I was back to where I was standing, gasping for breath.

Was that...the first War of Saints and Demons?

I looked back, seeing the still knocked out Jung Youngho.

"No! It isn't the time for this," Speaking out my thoughts, I scanned the battlefield for the figure of Na Bori.

When the wings dissipated and the sparks blazed one last time before fizzing out, I knew the constellation, 'Lily Blooming in Aquarius' had reached their limits.

Na Bori's head lulled back, and then she began to fall.

Oh sh*t!

I raced across the compromised ground, leaping across gap to gap that I would have fallen over if not for my inhuman stats.

However, I was impeded by another feather-like story piece.

"Sir Michael...is this right?"

My 'eyes' gazed over the desolate field of angels and demons entangled together with no discrimination. Pillars of smoke drifted upwards, but I wasn't sure if it was to heaven. The crackling of fire and the occasional cough of the wounded were the only sounds through the silence.

My 'eyes' drifted from the scene to the brooding figure standing beside me, who remained silent in the face of the question.

"Sir Michael..." A plea slipped into the angel's voice.

A pair of deep violet eyes looked into 'mine', and I felt the angel growing silent as Michael brought his finger to his lips. There was a wild, unrestrained look in his eyes that made the hair on the back of my neck stand to attention.

"Call me Lucifer, 'King of Corrupted Angels'."

"Sorry? What do you..."

Michael, no, Lucifer, quieted the angel.

"Shhh. Time will tell you. What is right, what is wrong, and your own truth." Lucifer's lips cracked open into an indescribable smile.

The last word tickled my ear as I snapped back to reality.

Na Bori was still falling, and I couldn't get caught up in the story fragments again.

With as much speed as I could manage while dodging the falling motes of feathers with reliance on my agility stat, I began my run across the desecrated plain again. 

The moment seemed to stretch on, my position getting closer to Na Bori, but at the same time, going too quickly.

I wasn't sure if I could make it, but I had to.

3

2

1

"Na Bori!" I screamed out her name in vain attempt for her to wake up and dove for the last stretch.

The impact of a body slamming into me knocked the wind out of my lungs.

"Ugh!"

I skid across the ground, breaking skin and sending a cloud of dust into the air.