Chapter 10: Lee Jihye's Master (1)

It had been a few days since Lee Jihye and Na Bori had exited the hidden dungeon and were teleported into Chungmuro station.

They weren't sure why they were here because they felt like the target station was called something different, but one thing was certain.

To live, they had to fight monsters.

In their hindsight, Lee Jihye and Na Bori hadn't brought any food from the hidden dungeon, so they were stuck finding a food source on their own.

Luckily, they were well equipped and experienced enough in fights to obtain ground rat meat. Although when they cooked it, it tasted stringy and just awful.

"Bori, didn't that what-cha-ma-call-it person say there was a stove specialized to cook this meat?" Lee Jihye swallowed the meat down trying not to retch it back up.

"A person? I also feel like there was a person, but I'm pretty sure it was just us two in that dungeon." Na Bori scrunched her face up in disgust at the meat she was delicately eating, wanting to quit right then and there.

Lee Jihye also got the same feeling. It was all very surreal and strange.

"Bori, are we...are we forgetting something?" Lee Jihye looked downwards, speaking the thing gnawing at both of their thoughts.

"..."

They remained silent. Trying to shift through their memories, they tried their hardest to recall an indistinct existence.

They began to notice this change a few days ago.

At first, they ignored it because that existence was still clear, but as time ticked by, memories changed. It wasn't a simple 'forgot' but more of a 'erasure' in existence, because the memories were still crystal clear, except for that fading presence.

One day, they might even not realize that another person existed in their memories.

But try as they might, they couldn't stop the process.

"Let's forget about that for now crybaby. What do you think will happen after this scenario?" Na Bori tried to change the atmosphere by diverting the topic by reading the current scenario.

+

[Sub Scenario - Food Acquisition]

Category: Sub

Difficulty: E

Clear Conditions: Directly hunt the monsters that can be used as food and cook them.

Time limit: None

Compensation: 500 coins

Failure: ???

+

"...Well, if anything, those darn Dokkaebis will not give us anything easy for their 'enjoyment'." Lee Jihye gnashed her teeth in anger that she used to wolf down the last morsel and chugging water to wash down the taste.

Na Bori nodded vehemently but added, "Guessing on the current trend of things, it's going to another twisted survival game, where some people get eliminated while others don't."

"Say, when do you think all the scenarios will come to an end?" In a moment of weakness, Na Bori sighed, tired of always having to struggle to the end of the scenarios.

Lee Jihye opened her mouth and closed it in several cycles, but this time did not answer.

She didn't want to give themselves a hollow hope.

As time stretched on and Na bori and Lee Jihye sat by the fire to feel its warmth, drowsiness began to take a hold on them.

If not for the fact that someone began screaming at that exact moment, it would have been fatal for Na Bori and Lee Jihye to fall asleep for real.