Chapter 68: Daybreak (4)

This is endless.

No matter how many avatars I made, the final disaster had more undead, and it knew it, too. However, I was struggling to reach the 4th grade undead who was guarding the final disaster, not to mention the final disaster themselves.

What can I do?

Time was ticking, and my anxiety was mounting.

However, thankfully, at this point, some of the other incarnations also awoke from their stupor.

"Iris, Selena, go help her. We need to create a path. Everyone else, let's focus on the undead before us." Anna Croft began to command the hundreds of incarnations under her banner. "Assume positions as we discussed!"

Anna Croft knew that if night fell, then there really would be no hope left.

With a war cry, the incarnations gathered up as orderly as they could, and charged into the infinity replenishing undead army, even as their limbs still trembled from the earlier terror.

"Goo! Tanks, make sure not to become surrounded!"

"Over here! Restrain the enemy, administer treatment!"

"Watch out! Avian creatures at your 1 o'clock!"

The sounds of gunshots, clashing of metal, and explosions soon rang out alongside the screeches and roars of the undead.

Yanking my arm back, I kicked out, trying to use a burst of strength to give myself room to find a path through the dense crowd of undead.

However, just then-

-Crackle, boom, crash!-

Purple lightning snaked across the undead, immobilizing them, as winds swept through their bodies and carried them aloft, before strong bolts of lightning crashed down from the sky, turning the undead to ash.

"Go, we'll clear the path for you!"

Selena Kim and Iris had arrived.

Nodding to them briefly, no further exchanges of dialogue were made as we began our rush toward the final disaster.

With reduced pressure, I was able to advance across the stretches of the broken ground with increased quickness.

However, how could the higher leveled 5th grade undead let us pass that easily?

"Grrww!" The 5th grade undead were pointing at us, growling with a hidden command.

They were closing in for the hunt.

"Tsk!" Iris clicked her tongue, readying her newly learned skill to restrain them.

However, my avatars had also caught up, also from the lessening of pressure of undead.

A stalling mechanism in place, Selena, Iris and I swept through the lower grade undead with heightened urgency and swiftness in our advancement.

With an overwhelming number, my avatars leapt toward the 5th grade undead that were rapidly approaching our location, but...

[Your Avatar has been destroyed! 0.005% memories have been lost!]

[Your Avatar has been destroyed! 0.005% memories...!]

[Your Avatar...!]

They were struggling to hold on for a few minutes before being destroyed as we tried to keep running.

That was when we finally entered the range of the 4th grade undead.

With howls from a myriad of voices making up the monster's body, it served as a mental attack on our psyche.