Chapter 13: King of Wanderers (3)

A/N: I keep forgetting to update daily T-T

I continued to observe this little safe zone like one of those constellations while trying to test ways to influence my surroundings. Turns out, as long as it was a certain distance from Lee Sookyung, and the things in her office aside from the door, I was able to interact with them.

Although, I didn't understand how it was possible, nor why it was connected to Lee Sookyung of all people.

As the world moved forward as I observed, I became more distant from it, showed in the increasing transformation as the days went by.

[35% complete.]

My eyes twinkled as I watched the group advance through the scenario, helping those who they could help, but not hesitating to take measures against the hostile ones.

[40% complete.]

One time, there was an uprising between the survivors saved by the group who wanted to steal items and resources. Luckily, Lee Sookyung had been around at the time, and I had been able to warn her ahead of time.

[45% complete.]

As I began an interaction with Lee Sookyung from then on, my link to the scenario began to be reconnected, slowing down my transformation somewhat.

It was a strange feeling, because it felt like a part of the same source was combating itself.

[50% complete.]

And Youngkik, mysteriously, stuck with me through the whole process.

[Hey short Earthling, it's already the 3rd main scenario, and you still haven't found a way back into the scenarios. Are you giving up or just dimwitted?]

And as usual, Youngkik took relish in hitting me when I was down.

"You've been parroting the same thing for the past few days. I haven't dropped dead yet, so you wouldn't lose faith yet. Key word is yet." I quipped back, fed up with all the abuse.

[Mhm, and that's why you're here now. Tell me, do you even have a plan?] Youngkik shook their head exasperatedly.

"..."

I remained silent this time as I looked at my child-like hands, confused.

What was I doing here? Where was I going?

Well yes, that was to help Lee Sookyung, and through her, I would find my way back into the scenario. That was the plan. I felt like I had a plan, but when I thought more closely, there was none.

"Youngkik, tell me, what am I doing?"

[As a Dokkaebi, how am I to know what Earthlings think about?] Youngkik awkwardly looked away at the wall. [Still, the story you've been showing me so far is not interesting. I'm a Dokkaebi, and I live for the stories, so if you're going to continue on like this, I'm going to abandon the contract.]

"If you do then -" I whipped my head back up in some form of anger, but Youngkik cut me off.

Shaking their head and sighing, Youngkik looked me in the eye and said, [And I'll die, correct? Well, and what state are you in? As soon as you die, the contract is annulled. All I need to do is wait.]

Like they noticed something, Youngkik dramatically gasped and mocked, [Have you gotten attached to me? Oh no, that's ridiculous. How would a Dokkaebi lower themselves to accept an Earthling's affections?]

I rolled my eyes, Youngkik's words preventing me from being able to feel blue.

"Well, we'll wait and see. Perhaps a chance will present itself." I even sounded younger than before, my voice crack making these words sound like a pitiful complaint.