Chapter 32: Jung Youngho (5)

"Did I get everything?" I muttered to myself, standing in-front of Jung Youngho's isolated room and going through the items I had gotten by traveling to the different stations.

Two Spector stones, several ground rat tails, teeth of a lesser grade seven leopard that was lurking above the subway-

And the most important item that I had gotten from a hidden place that I thankfully remembered from my time reading the novel.

The transmuter.

You could only use it once, which made me feel like I wanted to save it up for the future, but I decided to just use it now.

How to use the item was quite simple.

Reaching into my bloated bag, I retrieved my ingredients and then dunked it into the transmuter.

Magically, the rat tails, teeth, claws and all the other small items melted into a brown liquid until I couldn't tell apart what was inside anymore.

Waiting a minute or two, I finally added the two specter stones into a slot in the device.

The device began to shake, first at a slower tempo and then becoming hectic later.

This is safe, right? I couldn't help but wonder, gulping down some saliva.

Thankfully, nothing of the sort of my worst premonitions ever occurred, and now two Spector stones lay in my palm.

They were not normal Spector stones, however.

The device was scrapped, but it served its purpose.

Secretly, the guilt of taking an item that should have belonged to the protagonist took hold, but what was one more butterfly effect?

So now that I was ready, I took a slow and deep breath and opened the door.

Even without supervision, despite Jung YoungHo being potentially dangerous, the man sat in the same position, his head lowered and hair disheveled.

He looked bedeviled, honestly.

This time, even as I approached, Jung Youngho did not look up to check the identity of the person who entered the room.

Even as I shoved the specter stone in his mouth, he did not respond.

[Great King Heoncheon Hongdo Gyungmum is asking what you are daring to do to his incarnation.]

I looked at my hand that had accidently touched Jung Youngho's drool in disgust, but could do nothing but wipe it on my pants.

With a scrunched face, I replied, "You can stop hopping on pins and needles. I'm trying to help him, you see."

[...]

It didn't seem the constellation trusted my words, but that was not what I was aiming for, anyway.

As I studied the specter stone curiously for one last time, I popped it into my mouth.

Instantly, it melted in my mouth, vaporizing into a gaseous state that enveloped the both of us.

[The Welcome Prison has Activated]

Here goes nothing...

Closing my eyes and taking slow, deep breaths against the vertigo, gradually, sounds of people talking, noises of honking cars, and the steady and differing pace of footfalls on the pavement reached my ears.

A little disoriented, I opened my eyes to find myself among the throngs of people.

Soon, pulled by the march of the crowd, I walked a few paces backward to avoid getting hit by the people.