Chapter 42: Jade Crown of Silla (3)

I stifled a yawn as we watched the situation develop.

At first the representatives of their groups came together for a discussion, thereby giving a temporary peace to the several opposing sides.

From the way they set up a temporary camp, it appeared that all factions were not unified, or even in an alliance.

Although it was hard to see, Cha Sangkyung's, Mi Jinwon's, and Gu Daesung's forces were all glaring at each other.

Things may not appear they are on the surface, but knowing how the kings never formed an alliance at this point of time in the novel, it was more likely that everyone was hostile to the other.

Ha, as if I can trust these memories.

Just as I scoffed to myself, the people below produced movement, fanning out like dominos. The temporary tent that had been set up for a talk between the kings burst open in all its glory.

Min Jiwon, Cha Sankyung and Gudaesung were seen exchanging blows from the floating scraps of debris, and all the forces followed their kings to devolve into mayhem.

Just as the entanglement seemed to continue forever, Min Jiwon suddenly abandoned her strikes mid-way and retreated.

Caught off guard, the three-way battle temporarily paused, before Cha Sankyung and Gudaesung chased after Min Jiwon.

However, by then, they were too late.

While the arrangement of forces seemed chaotic, Min Jiwon's forces were all facing a certain direction, making a semi-circle of some sort, who decisively retreated with Min Jiwon.

Their opponents who had whole-hearted put their all into their respective battle couldn't react quickly to the situation, and let Min Jiwon's forces gain a certain amount of distance.

Without even glancing backwards, a portal appeared without notice behind Min Jiwon, who sank into it readily.

Roars erupted all the way to where our friendship circle was sitting as the forces of Cha Sankyung and Gudaesung regained their senses and attacked the backs of Min Jiwon's forces, also effectively entering the portal at the orders of their kings.

As the last person stepped through the shimmering portal, a message drifted in-front of me from Min Jiwon.

[You can enter now.]

Standing up and moving out of the cloak as a signal, the others also gathered their belongings and got to their feet.

"Let's go." I nodded to them.

"Took long enough," Jung Youngho grumbled, retrieving the cloak and putting it into his inventory.

After making sure everyone was ready, I leapt down the building in several bounds, arriving at where the place had been populated by many people before.

The portal stood before us, still glowing.

Quieting, like a bunch of thieves, our group successfully slipped into the portal as it closed behind us.

-swoosh-

Feeling a little disoriented at first, I supported my head and groaned from the spinning world, slowly adapting to the new environment we found ourselves in.

When I felt grounded enough, I studied our surroundings.

Luckily, it didn't appear that Cha Sankyung's and Gudaesung's forces were around, although I didn't catch sight of Min Jiwon either.

"So what now?" Lee Jihye was the first to ask, fiddling with the tassel hanging at the end of her sword.

"Hold on, I'm sending a message now." I replied, quickly bringing up the midday trust interface between me and Min Jiwon.