Chapter 49: Right and Wrong (1)

Na Bori awoke in a room of white.

Sitting up, Na Bori groaned and held her pounding head, not quite sure what was up or down in the world of white.

"Are you awake?"

A stranger's voice started Na Bori to her feet.

She whipped around to face the source, reaching for her staff only to realize -

- it was no longer there.

Panic instantly seized her heart, but Na Bori forced herself to keep a cool head.

Instead, Na Bori used the time to study the only other person, or rather, being in the room. Currently, they were sitting down. Her gaze trailed from their feet all the way to their face.

"You are!" Upon recognizing the stranger, Na Bori instantly bristled with hostility.

"At ease, little lamb." The stranger's pure white pair of wings fluttered in a comforting way. "Call me Joshua, if you like."

"And why should I?" Na Bori snapped.

At this, Joshua did not become angered, instead giving Na Bori a light smile.

"Although nothing will excuse the fact that I have dealt with innocents, I was not in my right mind when I awakened once more. Years of imprisonment in that place with no one else but your sins and regrets does drive one mad."

Na Bori didn't buy it.

Joshua saw this, but with an even temperament, he continued,

"Your sponsor is Archangel Gabriel, correct? She is a kind and gentle soul, no doubt. However, she is ultimately still bound to her nebula, 'Eden', and thus, to the side of 'good'."

Na Bori didn't understand what that had to do with anything, but although the angel was praising her sponsor, Na Bori could feel a sense of ridicule within his words.

"I thank you for your words, but I would like to go now. My friends are waiting for me." Sarcasm seeped into Na Bori's response.

The teen studied Joshua's reaction closely, but found his expression did not change.

"I won't prevent your leave. However, you may find what I have to say of value." A small smile graced Joshua's lips.

Na Bori gave Joshua a side eye, turning away from him to locate an exit.

As far as Na Bori's eyes could see, the world blanketed and white held no semblance of an exit anywhere, but Na Bori had succeeded instead to blind herself with the bright tone.

"This domain is located in my divine consciousness. There is no point in attempting to see an exit with your own naked eyes." Joshua gave a little huff as a laugh, eyes squinting into pleasant crescents, "You simply need to will it, and I will guide you, little lamb."

Na Bori cocked her brow and crossed her arms. "Alright, wow, so magical~"

"Well, what will your answer to my offer be?" The angel prompted.

Na Bori opened her mouth, about to deny, but then paused.

I've got to be going crazy. Na Bori pouted.

"...Alright, what do you have to say?" Na Bori still had points of skepticism in her tone, but there was something in the back of her mind telling her that there was some important information to be offered. It compelled her to stay and hear out the angel.

The angel looked pleasantly surprised by Na Bori's response, but the reaction did not last long as he began to narrate his tale.

"Long ago, since time immemorial, since Sammael was punished and Adam and Eve was banished from the garden of Eden, evil and good have been locked in constant battle. It has been our Eden against the 273 demon kings. It led to what is called the War of Demons and Saints."