Chapter 39: Rescue Mission

Claire rushed through the forest making haste for Lord Grimm's castle. Time wasn't on her side, there was no telling what Lord Grimm's intentions were for her sister. The only certainty is that he's aware she's a traitor, most people who betray him end up dead. She just hopes for her sister's sake this is not the case. They wouldn't kill her just yet. They need her to point out the guy who helped her conceive a Hybrid. Until she does, they can't kill her, they need her. So the real question is to what lengths would Lord Grimm go to find out the man responsible for helping create a Hybrid? Part of her was scared to find out. But, this wasn't the time to be afraid, her sister needed her and she wasn't going to let her down.

"Don't worry, sis, I'm coming, just hold on a little bit longer." Claire was just about to reach the hilltop overlooking mountains that hid Lord Grimm's castle. Before she did, she stopped by a voice.

"Claire, wait up, could you just slow down?" Brandon burst out of the trees behind her. "Okay look, if you're going to be running like this. The least you could do is give a guy a heads up. I can't protect you if you're just going to run off ahead of me." He rested his hands on his knees. "The sun is out and in case you haven't noticed. I'm covered in diamond armor which means I'm not going to run as fast as you so slow the fuck down woman."

"I thought you weren't going to help me." Claire crossed her arms and glared at him. "I thought you said it was too dangerous, So Brandon," She walked up to him. "Why the sudden change of heart? Did you finally decide to give a shit about your girlfriend's well being?" She put her hands on her hips.

"You could say it's something like that," Brandon's hand was tucked into his coat pocket as he said this to her. "So, boss lady, how exactly do you plan on rescuing your sister? Because I was thinking, we might as well rush in and bust down the door and raise hell."

"You can't be serious," Claire raised her brow. She waited for Brandon to think for a minute hoping he'd figure it out for himself that his idea was stupid. Like usual, Brandon saw no flaw in his so-called plan. "Okay, so, you want us to storm a castle full of werewolves just the two of us against an army. You think this is a good idea?"

"Hey, I told you it was dangerous. I told you we were going to get killed. Did you listen no, because you never listen. So, don't go calling my ideas stupid because this whole thing is your idea. Which makes you," Brandon pointed at her. "The Queen of Stupid Ideas."

"Okay first of all," Claire held up a finger. "I'm nowhere near as stupid as you. "Secondly," She held up a second finger. "I would never suggest a plan that is that dumb. Since you're clearly lacking the brain capacity needed for this type of situation. The only way this is going to work is if I do all the thinking. First thing we're going to need to do is to reach the castle undetected. So follow my lead and if you do as you're told. You won't die."

"Okay fine, lead the way, boss lady." Brandon gestured in front of him. Claire headed toward the hilltop. Once they reached the hill, Claire's eyes widened. In the midst of the forest was a giant wolf standing right where the Nightshade campsite was located. The wolf had long dark red fur, its canines dripped with venom. Its eyes were blood red. There's no mistaking it, this must be Alejandro's werewolf form. "Um, Claire, are you seeing what I'm seeing? Because that is one big ass werewolf. What the hell are you feeding him?"

"I don't know," Claire shrugged. "It's Alejandro, he eats whatever he-," Her jaw dropped as a giant metal dragon appeared across from the giant wolf. "What the fuck is that? Why is there a giant metal dragon attacking Alejandro?"

"That would be Scythe's doing," Brandon explained. "He really wants to kill Alejandro. We should go, we do not want to get caught up in their fight. As much as I'd love to fight a giant wolf. I do not want to get caught in that crossfire." He pointed at the wolf and the dragon. The dragon was trying to wrap around the wolf only to be smacked aside by a tree. The tree was cut into pieces leaving traces of wood falling from the sky. The wolf let out a loud howl, the entire forest shook as the wolf charged at the dragon. "Yeah, we need to go."