Chapter 37: Worlds Collide(Part 03)

"Get your giant wolf ass off me. I'm not a chair." Claire yelled. She was laying on her stomach with the weight of Alejandro's butt on her lower back. He was so heavy, she couldn't move. He was squishing her. "Alejandro, your fat ass is crushing me. Can you please get the hell off me?" She kept trying to get up but couldn't. His ear twitched and his eyes glanced over towards his tent. She felt his weight lift off her. Just as she was about to get back up. He placed his hand over her mouth. He held up his cell phone, it had a text written on it. It read:

"Stay here and don't make a sound. There's a vampire inside our camp."

"Are you serious?" Claire whispered. He nodded. "Okay, then, we'll deal with it together." She started to leave with him but he glared at her. "Al, I get you're strong but as the medic of this pack. I demand that you let me come with-," His glare intensified. She knew if she said one more word about coming with him. His response would be a punch to the stomach that would render her unconscious. She wasn't going to win this argument. Granted, nobody typically wins an argument with the Beta. For a guy who doesn't talk he has a way with words. The only problem is, she wasn't the type to just stay put.

The first thing she saw when stepping out of her tent was a blonde haired vampire flying through the forest. Her jaw dropped amazed by how far she flew. Claire glanced over at Alejandro who was just standing there popping his knuckles. "Oh my god, I think he killed her. Maybe leaving my tent was a bad idea. If I keep disobeying orders, I might be next." Alejandro looked at her and nodded as if he knew her exact thought. In that case, Claire went to enter her tent but was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Selene, you motherfucker. How dare you strike my sister." Brandon threw off his trench coat and was running full speed at Alejandro. Alejandro casually turned to face him and let out a yawn as Brandon got closer and closer to him.

"Brandon," Claire struck her forehead with her palm. "Please don't tell me you're this stupid. Attacking Alejandro head on, that never ends well." Brandon was just about to punch Alejandro before he could. The Beta took advantage of his longer reach and casually punched Brandon in the face with a straight punch. Brandon did a back flip from the impact and crashed to the floor laying on his back.

"Ou, my nose, he punched me in the fucking nose." Brandon placed his hand over his nose and blood poured out of it. Alejandro glanced at his fist seeing diamond shards caught in his knuckles from breaking Brandon's diamond armor. He plucked the shards out and stared at the shard. "That's it you motherfucker, first you hit my sister, now you've broken my nose. That is it, I'm going to kick your ass." Alejandro was still staring at the diamond he plucked from his fist. It was as if the fact Brandon had diamond armor covering his skin fascinated him. He was looking at the shard then at Brandon. "That's right," Brandon got back on his feet. "I got armor bitch. I can take your punches so you can't knock me through a for-," Alejandro struck Brandon with powerful backhand and sent him flying into a tree. "Okay, maybe you can knock me through a forest. But guess what," He got back on his feet. "I'm still able to fight you and I'm about to whoop your ass." Alejandro shrugged and put the diamond shard in his pocket.

"I think he figured it out."

"That voice, it can't be-," Claire glanced over to see her brother standing beside Brandon.

"Figured out what?" Brandon dusted himself off.

"Well ugh," Ziek rubbed the back of his neck. "You see, ugh, Brandon. Diamonds kind of sell for a lot of money. So part of the reason I spar with you is because." He gulped. "How can I explain this in a way that won't make you mad at me? It's like, when I break your armor, it's like a giant piggy bank just exploded on the floor. So, all I have to do is pick up the pieces and," He shrugged. "I'm rich. I kind of built up a nice savings account. I call it." He scooted his foot across the ground. "The Brandon Donation."