Chapter 27: NightShade

"I knew it," Lycan hugged Alejandro. "I told you Alejandro is a natural born follower. Which means, we don't have an Alpha slot so I guess there's no objections to me taking it." They shook their heads at him. "Sweet, I'll talk to my father, and the three of us are going to be the first ever pack dispatch. I'm going to call our pack, NightShade."

"NightShade," The Princess laughed. "I suppose that'll work. I was thinking something more flashy, like, I don't know. Burning Skulls or The Executioners or Twisted Nightmare or my favorite Team Alejandro, because we got an Alejandro."

"Why is my name an option but not his?" Alejandro pointed over at Lycan. "He's our fearless leader, not me. I'm just the Beta."

"You're right, we should be called The Giant Wolf." She offered. "Because, Alejandro is the only werewolf who could be spotted for miles. Let's face it, they're not going to be worried about our pack name when they see a giant wolf stomping on them. They're going to be worried about the Giant Wolf stomping on them. We're just going to be the pack with the Giant Werewolf. That's what we're going to be known for. We might as well accept it."

"She's got a point," Alejandro agreed.

"Yeah well," Lycan held out a tray with three glasses of lemonade on it that was provided to him by a servant. "I still like NightShade." He handed Alejandro and the Princess a glass. " So as Alpha," He boasted. "I'm pulling rank on this. I'll tell my father our decision, we will be dispatched first thing in the morning. Brace yourselves," He held out his glass of lemonade. "What we do tomorrow will shape the history for all future deployments. No more will Werewolves be carelessly sent out with the order to kill as many vampires as possible. Instead, we will send out a well organized pack who's skills complement each other bearing strategy in mind. We did that, you guys, through our determination and stubbornness," He laughed. "We were able to get through to my father and now we have the opportunity to put this new deployment strategy to the test. To NightShade,"

"To NightShade," The two of them raised their glasses. They all took a drink from their glasses at the same time.

"Eleven years have passed since that day," Lycan shut his eyes. "Yet our pack still stands." He walked over to his dresser and opened a drawer. "Sadly," He took out a picture of a woman with red hair. "You were not here to see it." He put the picture away and pulled out an aged bottle of wine. "To Nightshade, happy birthday to what is my greatest accomplishment as a Prince." He took a drink from the bottle. "Though I doubt my father would join in the celebration." He let out a sigh. He began to catch the strong scent of pine trees and he sniffed the air once more. This scent, he recognized it. It couldn't be, it's been far too long. A smirk formed on his lips. 

"Nikan," Lycan smirked. "You've come to pay your Prince a visit have you?" He walked outside his cabin. The moment he did, he was doused with a bucket of ice cold water. His dark hair was soaked as the water dripped from his shirtless body. Next to him was Alejandro, Alexis, Jay and Jayson, all four of them tricked by none other than Nikan's heathens.

"Happy Birthday," The boys yelled. The boys were all shirtless, each of them bearing tattoo sleeves of their elements. The feather on their ear also represented their element. These four brother's formed Nikan's pack. The Elemental Guard. Last Lycan heard they were out scouting for stray vampires and gathering intel for his father. He volunteered NightShade for the task. But even he had to admit Nikan's pack was better suited for it.

"Fuck all of you," Alexis yelled. She was wearing a white shirt. The shirt was so soaking wet her black bra could be seen underneath. Jay's eyes widened at the sight of her bra. "What it's like you've never seen breasts before. They're just boobs, Jay."