Chapter 02: Aftermath (Part I)

The full moon passed, sharp aches began to cover her body. Raven's eyes began slowly open as the constant aches started to wake her. It felt like her bones were rearranging themselves by snapping in and out of place. She stretched out her body causing the sharp aches to fade. She curled up in a ball. Her raven hair cloaked her chest while her eyes searched her cave for any sign of their so-called Alpha. She let out a sigh of relief glad that he was at least a man of his word. She quickly grabbed her clothes from last night slipping them on.

The second Raven stepped out of her cave. She took notice of the falling leaves, it was weird to her fall is usually a time of cold weather. Somehow, she still felt warm. Guess it was another perk of being a-

"Sister," Claire began walking through the fall leaves. Her shoes crushed the dying leaves as she walked toward her. She was dressed in the same clothes as last night. "Leader Lycan," Raven's heart sank at the name. She wished she could forget the conversation that happened last night. "He wishes to speak with you." Claire put her hands in her jacket pockets. "Okay," She raised her brow. "I can tell something is wrong with you."

"It's nothing," Raven's feet treeded faster through the leaves keeping ahead of her sister. The last thing she needed to do was drag her sister into her affairs. She knew Lycan well enough to know he's dangerous. He wouldn't think twice about hurting her sister. She had to protect her from this. But like usual, Claire couldn't help but get involved.

"I know it's something," Claire accused. Raven could not let her get involved. She had to deal with her Lycan problem on her own. "Why don't you ever tell me anything?" Claire blocked her path. "We're sisters Raven." She raised her voice. "We need to look out for each other. We are all that we got, nobody else is going to stick up for us. That means we need to help each other." Forget it. She wasn't going to drag her younger sister into this. Raven could handle this by herself. "Please just tell me what Leader Lycan told you last night."

"You're too young to understand," Raven walked ahead of her. "Just let me handle it." She let out a sigh. Claire stood there in silence, she imagined her sister to be heartbroken. This was supposed to be their chance to bond and act like sisters but. Raven knew she wasn't acting the part. "Even if I told you, you wouldn't be able to help." She reasoned.

"You don't know that for sure," Claire replied. "Maybe I can help but I need to know what's going on first. Just give me that chance," Raven bit her lip, damn it, her sister just wouldn't let this go. What part of Lycan will kill her if she helped her did her sister not get? Hell if Raven tried to fight him. He'd kill her too, this gave Lycan the excuse he needed to wipe out the half breeds in his pack.

"Since you want to know that badly," Raven let out a defeated sigh. "I will tell you." She leaned her back against one of the many trees in the forest. "Last night," She shut her eyes in an instant. She was reminded of Lycan's potential. Last night when he hit her, he moved so fast she couldn't even see him hit her. She couldn't let Claire get dragged into this knowing what Lycan would do. "I can't, if you get hurt because I told you." She started to walk off but Claire blocked her path.

"It's okay." Claire put her hands in her pockets. "You don't need to worry about me." She assured her. But what if Lycan, her sister placed her hand on her shoulder. "I'm a strong girl, I can handle myself. Besides," She pulled out her trusty pocket knife cutting the palm of her hand. The deep gash instantly healed due to her special ability. "I can heal a lot faster than any werewolf it would take a lot for even someone like Lycan to kill me."

"Just promise me, if things get rough you'll back off." Raven stared into her sister's eyes. She replied with a nod accepting the terms. "Last night," She started walking towards their camp, Claire followed her. "Leader Lycan wanted me to," She could feel it, tears ready to fall but she wouldn't let them not in front of her sister. "Bear his child." Claire's feet stopped in place.