Chapter 03: Bloodshed (Part III)

The moment Patience left his room kept playing in Angel's mind on repeat. He couldn't help but worry about her. The way she was acting before Brandon entered the room. She was in a dark place, a place he had been before. It was the type of place you go to when you're longing for death. Once you go there, it's hard to come back. Surely this was just in his head, Patience wouldn't do something like that.

Angel continued to search the castle halls. He hoped to find her still in the safety of the castle walls. There was no trace of her or Brandon, this caused him to worry even more. He should treat this as a family matter and not get involved. Angel felt as if everyone in his team were his family. Perhaps, he should ask Selene just to be on the safe side.

"Commander," Selene fixed the strands of her blonde hair. He shifted his eyes towards her with a bothered glare on his face. "Right, I keep forgetting you don't like being called that." She admitted. "So Angel," She blocked his path. "What's bothering you?" He tried to walk past her. "Don't even," She held her arm out. "I have been going over war rations, troop numbers, supply count, and even the new training regiments. You haven't shown even the slightest hint of interest." She crossed her arms. "Most commanders would pay attention to these things because they are important. The fact you aren't tells me something is bothering you."

"It's Patience," Angel answered. "Do you have any idea as to where she went?" He leaned against the wall. "I can't think about this war when my mind is stuck on how things went with her. You were harsh,"

"Not that my relationship with my sister is any of your business but," Selene let out a sigh. "I said what I needed to say," She added. "Patience has always had everything just given to her. She got the guys, the looks, the praise, all of it just given to her. At some point. She's got to learn to earn things. That's exactly what I'm trying to teach her. If I got to be a bitch to do it then so be it," She shrugged. "Besides, she went on a supply run with Brandon, they'll be back shortly."

"Supply run," Angel replied with a nod. "I guess I don't have anything to worry about." He shrugged. "Just send me a list of the rations, the supplies, troop numbers, and the approval form for the new training regimen. I will look at them and give you feedback." He started to leave. "Wait, one more thing," He rushed back to Selene. "Jayden is a new vampire, right?"

"Yes that, he is," Selene answered. "What's on your mind?" She placed her hands on her hips.

"Do you think that you could spar with him for me?" Angel asked. "He's yet to show us what he can do." He reminded her. "He's under the impression that he's skilled enough to be on the battlefield with us in the front line. But, being recently turned, that's not the case. I need you to show him the difference between someone who fights in the front of line compared to someone who remains in the back."

"Not to upset you but," Selene paused. "You and Ziek were recently turned." She crossed her arms. "Both of you fight in the frontline with me." Angel scolded her. "I know you're a special case because you have secret training sessions with the king." Exactly and don't forget it. Those training sessions are intense. "Ziek is a special case because he's Ziek. There's no real way to explain it except to say he's gifted." Selene reasoned. "Consider it done, I'll be more than happy to whip him into shape."

"This isn't just for him," Angel added. "I think it would be good for you as well." He put his hands in his pockets. "Think of it as a way for you to blow off some steam. You have been making several preparations for the war. It's been awhile since you had some fun just promise me you won't break him." He continued down the hall.

Selene started to head towards Jayden's room. She took recognition of the vampire walking down the hall. That raven colored hair was styled in a long ponytail. The two swords sheathed on his back. This man is, "Scythe," She spoke in shock. "It's rare for you to be roaming the castle halls." Scythe turned around walking toward her.