Chapter 13: Bound (Part 02)

There wasn't much time left before the wedding, Angel had to hurry. Just one more page. He kept reading through the books in the secret library. He had a whole pile of books stacked next to him reading book after book. He hoped to find something that would help him find a way to be with Raven. He'd take anything, just a tiny shred of hope. Yet, he found nothing. All that was left for them was death. "Damn it all," Angel threw the book clear across the room. The book landed on the floor with pages opened.  As if summoned, Brandon came into the library to check on the noise.

"You find something," Brandon shut the door behind him. "I've been outside guarding the door for hours. You had me out here all night long. Please tell me you-," He screamed. "Aw jeez, one of the books is opened." He shielded his eyes. "Close it, Close it, if I so much as look at that book I'm a dead man. Close it."

"Sorry," Angel picked up the book and put it back on the table. "I was just getting frustrated." He let out a deep sigh. "I've been up reading books for hours and I'm getting nowhere. The outcome is always the same. Every scenario where a werewolf and a vampire date or try to be together. They always end up dead. There's never been a scenario where they succeeded in living a happy life. They die long before reaching it."

"What'd you expect?" Brandon shrugged his shoulders. "Sure, it's happened before. But," He let out a deep sigh. "We're talking about the one thing vampires and werewolves both agree on. So of course, the odds are stacked against us. I'd go as far as to say it's damn near impossible. Still, if anyone can pull this off, it has to be you." He smirked. "I've seen you do some pretty cool shit." He was trying to cheer him up, but Angel was beyond cheering up at this point. He felt completely and utterly defeated. 

"Yeah but none of it is going to help me with Raven." Angel flipped through another book. "I read something about elders, so it's nice to know there's more of us. However, most of the books regarding them have lines crossing out the words. So I can't read them."

"Bro," Brandon yelled. "Don't tell me what's in the books. I don't want to know." He scolded. "You get that we aren't even supposed to be looking at this shit let alone touching or worse reading this shit. If Lord Alexander finds out about this, you're going to die, make no mistake he will kill your ass." He pointed out. "Look, I'd love to help but ugh, we're talking about Lord Alexander here. I got diamond armor, he controls diamonds. I'm dead, he can kill me whenever he wants. He just has to snap his fingers and I'm dead. It's that easy, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't share your findings with me." 

"Right, sorry," Angel apologized.

A knock was heard on the door, Angel quickly hid all the books back in the secret library. He locked the door back and tucked the key into his back pocket. "Open it," He ordered, Brandon unlocked the door and let the person inside the library.

"Um, I thought the library was available to everyone." Ziek walked inside, Brandon locked the door back. "Why are we locking the door? Angel, what's going on?" Brandon quickly grabbed Ziek from behind, trapping him in a headlock. "Brandon, if you don't let me go, I swear I'll break your arm. You have until the count of three to let me go." He warned. "One,"

"Sorry, but you're asking questions. You gotta die," Brandon gripped tighter. "I have to kill you man to protect my bro. You know too much." Ziek elbowed him in the rib cage making him let go then he spun trapping Brandon in headlock. "I was just kidding, no need to kill anybody," Ziek kicked Brandon in the ass forcing him into the table. "Did you just kick my ass?" He rubbed his butt. "That's just rude,"

"I'll do it again too, don't ever grab me like that again." Ziek warned. "Don't forget who taught you those moves." Brandon nodded. He pulled up a chair and sat down. "What's this?" He picked up the book Angel left on the table. "What's with the lines over the words?" Angel forgot about the book he put on the table. Brandon gasped, he grabbed a book off one of the many bookshelves and began beating Ziek with it.