Chapter 36: Scythe's Tale

Once they had reached the forests, it was now evident that they were in Lord Grimm's domain. Movement could be heard in trees, no doubt werewolves alerting their king of their arrival. Still, the chance of the werewolves becoming brave and daring an ambush slim as it was. It was still a possibility. As a precaution, Scythe kept his grip on his blade for if any wolf tried to harm his king. He'd kill them on sight. His pale jade eyes watched the shadows, the treetops for any sign of an ambush. None so far, they were being smart.

"We will stop here for now," Lord Alexander snapped his fingers. A giant mansion made of diamond emerged from the ground. "We will be closing in on the castle shortly and we need to give my brother time to alert his packs of my arrival. We don't want to find ourselves surrounded by Nightshade or the Elemental guard or possibly both."

"Nightshade," Scythe gripped his sword. That's right, they were getting closer to the castle and the closer they got to the castle. The closer they were to Nightshade's campsite. He remembered his last encounter with them. Or rather, one werewolf in particular, Alejandro. His eyes burned with anger at the thought of seeing that wolf again.

Scythe watched as Lord Alexander's army began falling back fleeing from the giant werewolf. Among them, there was one person he did not see. "My son," He reached for his sword and charged to the frontlines. "Out of my way," He ran a straight line through an entire chunk of Lord Grimm's army cutting them all in half. He managed to do this without getting a single trace of blood on his blade. "Don't worry, Sai, I'll be there shortly." He ran faster picking up speed, cutting his way past werewolves trying to reach his son who was left at the frontlines by himself. "What?"

The giant werewolf let out a huge howl. The noise was so loud, it unleashed a powerful shockwave. It pushed Scythe back while obliterating over half of Lord Alexander's army. "Such power," Scythe eyes widened realizing what caused the wolf to unleash the howl. His son, he was flying in the air staring this giant wolf in the eyes. Two dragons swirled around Sai forming a protective sphere around his body. "Sai, you fool, you can't possibly be thinking about fighting this beast. Have you any sense at all?" Scythe bit his lip drawing blood. "Obviously not, I suppose, I'll just have to save you. Such is the burden of being your father." He started to run toward the wolf only to see the giant wolf being attacked by his son.

"You want a piece of me, come and get it." Sai began spinning like tornado with the dragons around his body. While he was spinning the wolf was being pelted by thousands and thousands of senbon needles. The wolf blocked as the small needles exploded which could only mean they were mixed with Selene's explosive blood. It wouldn't be long before Sozin picked up on this and would realize Selene had made it to the frontlines. "Nah that's not enough to kill you but this might be." Sai fused the black dragon with the white dragon making a giant gray dragon. It let out a screech hitting the wolf's sensitive ears. Wait, this dragon it was made of, the dragon dispersed becoming smoke entering the wolf's nose, eyes and ears. "You're mine now,"

The wolf started swinging its claws left and right as the smoke cut off it's ability to see, smell and hear. It could only feel for enemies. Sai flew around the wolf, slashing at it's legs, it's ankles, it's back, cuts were forming all over the giant wolf as he flew faster and faster. It was like being it was being attacked by a swarm of insects.

"Now burn," Sai shot a flamethrower from his mouth at the wolf's face. He switched his hand sign and the flames were switched to wind increasing the amount of flame. He switched the hand sign again and the beast was struck by a powerful bolt of lighting. Right after the wolf was shocked, he switched his hand sign and struck him with a burst of water. "Now to bring the beast down." Sai hands touched the ground. The entire ground started to shake and in seconds the ground began to rise, striking the wolf's feet with pillar after pillar making it lose its footing. "This should finish it," He jumped forward striking the beast with both the white and black dragon at the same time blasting it back. Before the wolf could fall, it rolled across its back regaining its footing and reducing the damage of the fall. "Damn it even after all that," The wolf breathed out of its nose and the smoke came out allowing him to regain his sight and smell. "It has that much strength left. What kind of werewolf are you?" The wolf's hand reached out to grab him. Sai began rotating, spinning around creating a slicing barrier around his body. The two dragons were striking the beasts hand again and again, preventing him from closing it and crushing Sai.