Chapter 37: World's Collide (Part 01)

"Why did I do that?" Jay wondered. He ran his hand through his blond locks. He sat at Claire's bedside while she laid there in her tent unconscious.

"As I thought," Liley glanced at the pregnancy test. Jay's eyes glanced over at Claire as she had her hand in jacket pocket. He saw her take out her knife, he shook his head at her to warn her. "Traitor," Claire took out her knife and went to stab Liley. His body reacted knowing that if Claire attacked Liley she'd get hurt. Possibly killed. Before he could even move it was too late, his ear twitched hearing a loud crack. Soon after, Claire fell over unable to breathe. This damage was a result of a single palm strike from Liley. He rushed to Claire's side as she fought to breathe.

"Now as I was saying," Liley continued.

Jay used his enhanced sense of touch to find where the crack in her bone was. Once he pinpointed its location. He used his enhanced sense of sight focusing it all on that one point. This allowed him to see the crack in her bones. Her sternum that's where the crack is. Luckily it would heal over time due to a werewolf's natural high speed healing factor. Considering it's Claire, she'd heal twice as fast due to her ability. She'd live. As for Liley, Jay growled at her.

"I wouldn't if I were you," Liley smirked. "I'd hate to have to put more dogs down." Lycan glared at her. "Oh right, she was your medic, my apologies, here," She threw him a potion. "It'll help her bones heal quicker, don't say I've never done anything nice for you."

As soon as Liley left with Raven, Jay carried Claire to her tent and gave her the potion. As he was carrying her. Alexis was yelling at him. "I can't believe you, Jay, I can't fucking believe you'd once again put your life at risk to save her. What part of Claire doesn't give a shit about you don't you understand?" He ignored her and proceeded to take Claire somewhere safe.

"Why did I try to save you? It doesn't make sense. I'm Alexis's boyfriend, I chose to be with her and yet here I am once again. Sitting here beside you, knowing you don't love me, you don't care about me at all. Yet even knowing this, I'm still here protecting you. Like an idoit." Jay let out a long sigh. "I really thought my feelings for you would disappear after I chose her. But this only proves it, they're still there and I still-." He rubbed his forehead. "Damn it, why does love have to be so fucking complicated. I'd better go talk to Alexis." He walked outside Claire's tent where Alexis was waiting for him.

"Go on, let me have it." Jay allowed. "I fucked up, I put Claire's life before my own and as my girlfriend. You have every right to be upset at me. So, let's hear it," Alexis rolled her eyes at him. "You were chewing out earlier, why is it different now?"

"Look, I get that you have unresolved feelings for Claire. So, here's the deal." Alexis crossed her arms. "I want you to wait for Claire to wake up and when she does. You're going to tell her everything you need to tell her so that you can move on. Because when you come out of that tent. You're coming out as my boyfriend. Are we clear?" Jay nodded. "You deserve better Jay, don't settle for a girl. You'd give your life for. Settle for a girl who's willing to give her life for you. There's a difference between the two Jay. I just hope you realize that before you end up losing a good relationship for a bad one." She kissed Jay's cheek. "I love you and I'm only telling you this because I care. Now go," Alexis pushed Jay back playfully. "Talk to Claire before I change my mind and decide to kick your ass."

"Thanks Alexis," Jay walked into Claire's tent.

"Raven," Claire jumped forward. She tried to get out of bed to grab her things. Before she could Jay stopped her. She was still in the process of healing. Besides, there's nothing she could do to help her sister. Surely she knew this. "Jay, get your hands off me, I need to save my sister, she's in danger."