Chapter 02: Aftermath (Part II)

The night had faded. Angel laid there next to the woman who had claimed his innocence. Lord Alexander's daughter, he still wondered what made her this way. From the portrait that rested above the grand staircase in the castle. Blaire seemed nothing more than a sweet young girl who admired her father. She was even smiling in that painting sitting there in her father's lap. What could have turned that sweet girl into someone whose heart was consumed by lust? Her father, he worries about her.

Angel knew of this because Lord Alexander made him promise that he would save his daughter from herself. Not like he could say no to that promise, it came directly from a King. He might as well call it an order. Though the real question is why did Lord Alexander think he could be the one to save her? He's nothing more than an object to feed her lust. Even if he wanted to save her from corruption how could he even begin to? Perhaps, Lord Alexander put his hopes in the wrong person. He couldn't save her let alone himself. He climbed out of bed being cautious not to wake Blaire.

While Angel was getting dressed, his eyes remained on the sleeping Blaire. This promise he made to Alexander, it always found a way back to his thoughts as strange as that sounded. There is a part of him that wanted to keep that promise. Even though she's the person causing him the most pain. He wanted to believe that Blaire could be saved but he struggled with the task. The more she treated him like an object, the more she hurt him, the harder it was for him to keep the promise he made to Lord Alexander. He started to put on his shirts only to feel sharp pains in his back. These were -Scratches?!- He ran his finger down the marks made from Blaire's nails. She must have done it last night. He continued to put on his shirt as he walked out of Blaire's room. He took one more glance at her while she slept.

Blaire was laying there clinging to his pillow, cherishing his scent he assumed. It was there on her lips, he found a small glimmer of hope. Blaire was smiling just like she was in portrait with her father. She could still be saved from corruption. Angel could keep his promise to her father.

The halls were empty, a good sign. Angel stepped out of Blaire's room. He made light footsteps across the hall. The last thing he needed was for Jayden to find out about him sleeping with Blaire. It was a known fact, Jayden had a crush on Blaire since the day they crossed paths in the hallway. It's a shame it's only one sided, otherwise Jayden could have her.

The second the door opened his eye caught a glimpse of silver hair colored like steel. Angel felt a hand grab him by his shirt pulling him into his room. Once he saw the tattoo of two swords crossing over a shield marked the right side of the person's neck. Angel knew it was Jayden.

"Where were you last night?" Jayden's pale blue eyes formed a menacing glare. "You weren't in your room last night that's for damn sure. So should I ask or," He crossed his arms at him. "Are you just going to tell me where you were?" Angel didn't have a choice. He had to lie to avoid confrontation.

"I was out training with," Angel paused. He couldn't tell the others about his secret training sessions with Lord Alexander. So he had to come up with someone else that wouldn't mind covering his ass. Not many people come to mind except. "Ziek," He answered. "It was a great training session to be honest."

"That's funny," Jayden faked a laugh. "Ziek trained with Brandon last night. I didn't see you go with them." He tucked his hands into the pockets of his distressed blue jeans. "Mind explaining that?" Jayden unsheathed one of the daggers that crossed over his back. "I swear if you did what I think you fucking did." He revealed his now fully realized vampire fangs. His fangs grew after tasting blood from a human's neck last night. "You're a dead man."

"I didn't do anything," Angel countered, "I was just training with Ziek last night. I met up with them in the hall. Brandon wouldn't let me join and said something about Team Powerhouse members only." He explained. "I told him I didn't care and joined anyway. So there that's what I did last night, now then," He lowered Jayden's dagger. "Don't you think it's a bit weird that you spent the entire night in my room waiting for me to get back? Let's talk about that shall we?"