Chapter 35: Blaire's Tale

"Is it true?" Blaire's eyes began to burn with anger. She thought about Liley's words. She told her she couldn't trust her own father. That even he doesn't wish for her to take his throne. "Is everything my father told me a lie?" She held tight to her sword as she headed towards Angel's bedroom to confront the person who was about to take everything from her.

"Just think," Her father sat on the floor behind her. He was brushing her red hair as she played with her dolls. Her father made her doll house out of diamond. It was shaped just like the castle her and her father lived in. She had one of her dolls sitting on the throne of the castle playing queen. Her father was watching as she led her pretend kingdom as a beloved queen. "One day, you won't need to pretend to be a queen. You'll be one. My throne and everything I've built will rest with you. I know, when that day comes, you'll be the greatest queen this castle has ever seen."

"Yeah, I'll be a strong ruler like you." Blaire glanced over at her father. "I'll have knights and servants, once the war's over, we'll throw this huge party. On that day, nobody has to work even the servants will get to party. We'll celebrate together. It'll be the biggest party ever." She continued playing with her dolls, having them all dance like they were at a party. "Daddy, when will the war be over? Do you think it'll be over tomorrow or do you think the doggies will still be mad at us?"

"I'm afraid the doggies will be mad at us for a while. I don't see them being happy with us for you see. Doggies don't like us, they think we smell bad and that we're bad people." Her father explained. "But if I could end the war tomorrow," He ran his finger through her hair. "I would, if only so, I'd be spending less time in the war room and more time with you dear." He kissed the top of her head. "But I must settle this matter so that when you're queen. You won't be left to pick up the mess, war creates."

"You said, I'd be Queen. So then why is-," Blaire could hear the cheering as Angel defeated Ziek. During that fight, Angel was adored, beloved, he had gained her father's respect. She was a fool not to notice what that fight was for. Her father wanted to show the progress of Angel's training. He wanted the people to see their new heir. Why else would her father volunteer to train Angel? "Why are you doing this to me?"  Her anger continued to grow as she got closer to Angel's bedroom.  "I'm your daughter, why does he get the throne?" She bit her lip. "Angel, you bastard, you evil bastard, it was always about stealing my throne. You claim you don't want it but if that's true then why did you steal this from me?" She held the key to the secret library in her hand. "What else have you taken from me? How many times have you lied to me? I'll kill you, I'll fucking kill you." She kicked the door to Angel's bedroom open.

There were some books on the floor. Blaire walked over to them checking each one. None of these books belonged in the secret Library. So, he was smart enough to cover his tracks but. She smirked. Due to hasty cleaning, she knew where to find him. She grabbed Angel's door handle and slammed the door shut. She began heading to the library.

"Angel, hurry, she's coming." She heard Brandon whisper as he blocked the door. She drew her sword and Brandon gulped. "Blaire, ugh, the library is closed, see ugh, Angel knocked over a bookshelf and made a huge mess. So I'm guarding the door so nobody bothers him while he cleans up his mess. So you see ugh, I can't let you in."

"Move now," Blaire glared deep into his eyes. She gripped tighter on her blade. Brandon still refused to move. That's fine, she'll just cut him in half. She swung her sword and Brandon ducked. She jammed her knee into Brandon's face breaking his nose using diamond to strengthen the attack. "Next time, I tell you to move, fucking move." She kicked Brandon while he was down and walked into Library. Before she could, Brandon grabbed her foot holding her in place. "Brandon, let go of my foot. I will kick the shit out of you."