Chapter 12: Rise Of A Heir (Part 04)

While Angel walked down the halls of the castle in search of Ziek. His heart was filled with thoughts of Raven. He could still feel the warmth of her arms wrapped around his chest. As her sweet lips spoke the words.

"I love you."

"She loves me," Angel couldn't wrap his head around this thought. As much as he wanted to, he couldn't understand. After everything he's done, the people he's killed. How could anyone possibly be in love with him? He didn't deserve love, he didn't deserve her. He deserved an immortal life of solitude. But what if he could earn those words? Would that even be possible for someone like him? Where would he even begin? After giving it some thought. Angel knew where to start. It all began with Ziek, her brother.

There was one thing, Angel was certain of. Raven cared for her brother Ziek more than anything. She respected him and his opinions. He's someone she has always looked up to. Though, she's never asked this of any man before. In fact, no man has ever dared to go to the length he was about to. Some might call it sucide but. If he wanted to earn those words, those sweet words then he knew of only one way. He had to ask Ziek for his blessing.

"Here it goes," Angel took a deep breath and stopped at Ziek's bedroom door. His shaken hand got closer to the door. He knew by asking him this. There was no way in hell. Ziek would take kindly to it. He's protective of his sister. The fact that he's a vampire and she's a werewolf didn't help matters either. Still, he wanted to do this for her. He mustered up his courage and knocked on Ziek's door.

"Commander," Ziek opened his door. "Wait a sec," He rubbed his chin. "It's General now isn't it?" He crossed his arms.

"Well yes but," Angel put his hands in his pockets. "You already know I'm not too fond of titles of supremacy. So just Angel is fine." He cleared his throat. He could already feel his nerves getting the best of him. His hands were slowly shaking in his pockets. "Do you mind if I come in?" He asked. "We need to talk in private."

"Of course," Ziek stepped away from the door. Angel walked inside and he shut it behind him. "So, Ugh, what did you want to talk about?" He locked his door. "Let me guess, you want my advice on the commander thing. I say Selene but then again." He sat down on the edge of his bed. "She's my girlfriend so it's a biased opinion. Don't get me wrong, I care about Brandon, he's cool and all. It's just Selene, she's well-,"

"No, I didn't come here for that." Angel forced a swallow. His nerves were gathering in his throat. It was like they were trying to suffocate him. Still, It didn't matter how intimidating it was to confront Ziek in regards to his sister Raven. He was going to do this. If not for Raven's sake then as one of Ziek's best friends. So close, they were like family to each other. The least Angel could do was tell him about his relationship with Raven. "It's about your sister."

"I would say which one but seeing as it's you." Ziek leaned against his dresser. "I have a pretty good idea of which sister you're talking about. It's Erika. Though, She's going by Raven now. I met up with her at the Lunar Ball." He let out a deep sigh. "I guess you must have had a run in with her at the Lunar Ball as well. Otherwise," He walked up to Angel. "You wouldn't be here. I take it, She must be why you took off." He chuckled. "That's why I didn't bother to pursue Brandon after the ball. I just knew that's where you were."

"I would say I'm surprised that you pieced it together but," Angel chuckled lightly. "I'm not, you always were good at figuring me out. Besides," He crossed his arms. "It's not like I planned on keeping it a secret from you. We're like family." He shrugged. "I don't want to keep anything from you. So, I," He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Just tell me," Ziek tucked his hand in his pocket. "What did you and my sister do once you guys took off that night?" He turned his head. "I have a pretty good idea but," He let out a deep sigh. "I'm just hoping that. You were smart enough to know better."