Chapter 15: Understanding

The crescent moon had now set. The full blue sky had turned dark as stars luminated over the beach. Bringing focus to a small white beach house. The inside of the house was dark, not a single light turned on. There was a trail of clothes leading up the stairs, from Lycan's swim trunks, to Raven's solid black two piece swimsuit. Around the corner and into the cracked door was the bedroom.

Lycan was now sound asleep, his naked body still on top of her. He was quite heavy but she wasn't mad that he fell asleep on top of her. The man had spent every waking hour with her, walking on the beach, laying underneath the sun. This wasn't how Raven expected the honeymoon to go.

The man that was laying on top of her was not the same Lycan she knew. The moment they arrived, it was like a completely different person had taken over his body. He was caring, kind, and she could scarcely believe it but. He even respected her, not once, did he ever hit her or treat her like a trophy. She preferred this Lycan over the other. It's a shame she was the only person who got to see this side of him. If this was the Lycan, she had devoted herself to, then, she wouldn't have minded marrying him from the start.

"Honey, I need you to get off me," Raven whispered. "I need to go to the bathroom," Lycan groaned. She helped him roll over to his side. He cringed when he did, she forgot, Lycan couldn't sleep on his back. During his attempt to save her, Blaire had cut his back with a sword. Claire had to pay an emergency visit to treat the wound. Even with her blood healing him, the wound was still fresh. Claire had to give him pain meds to help him sleep it off. Pain meds that were really doing a number on him. "Sorry, do you need anything?"

"Just sleep," Lycan turned over to his side. "The war is in three days' time, I need to rest and gather up my strength so I can be ready for it. I'll probably leave first thing in the morning. You can stay here, enjoy the honeymoon a little while longer." He grabbed her pillow and held it in place of her. "I'm going back to bed, do whatever you want. Just let me sleep," He nuzzled his head up to his pillow and fell back asleep.

Raven went over to the bathroom. Which, conveniently was in the bedroom, they had two bathrooms and Lycan let her have her own. She claimed the one in the bedroom. She stood in front of the bathroom sink and fixed her hair in the mirror. Her navy blue eyes lingered on her hand that was gripping her hair brush. She didn't understand ever since that day. Lycan took advantage of her. Her hand would start to shake every time. He tried to get intimate with her. It was like that fear was coming back and she couldn't control it. Even though she was trying to, she just hoped that it only applied to Lycan. She didn't want to be afraid of Angel touching her. Part of her was curious to see how her body would react to Angel's touch. That's why she had to see him just to make sure it was only a Lycan thing.

Once, Raven stepped out of the bathroom. Lycan was sound asleep and snoring. She was sure nothing was going to wake him. But just in case, she tip-toed out of the bedroom and walked down the stairs taking it one quiet step at a time. He may be asleep but he's still a werewolf with a keen sense of hearing. She wasn't about to chance waking him up. The last thing she needed was for him to catch her sneaking out to see Angel. She managed to make it downstairs, her suitcase filled with her belongings was still on the couch. She forgot to bring it upstairs and was glad she forgot about it. Now she could get ready in the downstairs bathroom and Lycan wouldn't take notice of it.

While Raven was rummaging through her suitcase to find something to wear. Her eyes lingered on the bottle of Sun Repellant IX Angel gave her at the wedding. It was tucked away safely inside one of the pockets of her suitcase. She'd take it to the secret cave as soon as she got back. "Here we go," She grabbed a silk white nightgown, it was night time already so why not dress for bed. Besides, she wasn't even going to chance putting on makeup. The longer she took to get ready the less time she had with Angel. She had to be back before Lycan woke up otherwise he'd know she had left in the middle of the night.