Chapter 09: Lunar Ball (Part 04)

Sorrow continued to fill his heart as Angel stared at the drink that would alter him forever. He was tired of fighting, tired of being so miserable. This drink, it would make this pain he felt inside disappear. Once he started, he would continue to drink until he felt nothing at all. Angel stared at the drink letting out a deep sigh saying his last goodbye to his former self. Just as he was about to do it, he was slapped hard across the face. The impact left a nasty red mark across his face. He rubbed the mark trying to calm the redness.

"You bastard," Blaire grabbed him by his shirt. "You just stood there while I got my ass kicked." She yelled. She was attacked when? He was sitting at the bar waiting for her to get back. He had no idea she left only to get into a fight. "You weren't even paying attention were you?" She grabbed his drink and threw the alcohol at his face. "You have to be the worst man in all existence, a man should defend his woman's honor. Instead you decided to drown yourself with alcohol and let me fend for myself." She coated her fist in diamond and punched Angel in the stomach. The impact was so great it caused him to fall off the bar stool and hit the floor. He clenched his stomach in pain. "I'm so out of here, enjoy your alcohol you piece of shit," She kicked Angel while he was on the floor. "You better be at the wedding," She warned, Blaire stormed off in anger.

"She's such a bitch," Angel picked himself off the floor. Once he was back on his feet he went to return to his seat but stopped. He could hear shouting coming from the other side of the ballroom. It was coming from the werewolf side. He moved a bit closer and it was none other than that werewolf that was onstage. She was arguing with Prince Lycan.

"You must think I'm some kind of fool," Lycan yelled at her. He reached underneath her dress taking out a knife that she had hidden on her person. "Did you honestly think you could kill me with this?" He showed her the knife. "You stupid, naive, know what?" He laughed. "Why don't you take it back." He stabbed her in the arm with the silver bladed knife. She screamed out in pain. "Hurts doesn't it?" He backhanded her, the impact was so great, it knocked her to the floor. "You will learn your place even if I have to beat you into submission." He walked away from her rejoining the other wolves.

"Fuck," She pulled the knife out of her arm. "Son of a-," She screamed. She placed a napkin over the wound. He watched as the wolf stood there next to the punch bowl. She was using a napkin to apply pressure to the wound.

This woman for some reason, Angel couldn't get her out of his thoughts. At first he thought it was just the song she sang on stage. It was more than that, she understood him. She's the only person who possibly could. Thanks to her, he didn't feel so alone anymore. If only there were some way he could return the favor. Her eyes, those navy blue eyes, they were filled with so much sorrow. A sadness, she tried to hide but he could see right through it. Perhaps, he is the only person here who could.

It began as a strange thought at first. However, once the thought crossed his mind. His lips began to form a smile. A smile, it had been so long since he had been able to muster that amount of joy. Something else, this wolf was able to give him and it was all due to this silly thought. What if he were to go over there and talk to her? What would he say to her? It was strange how a thought like that could fill his heart with such joy.

If Angel did talk to her, he was sure that maybe just maybe he could save her from this tragic night. If anything, she could save him. He started to walk over there to her. It was right then, he felt a wicked slap across his face.

"Who slaps really," Angel rubbed the side of his face.

"I do," Brandon pointed at himself. "Especially when my best friend is being stupid." He moved Angel away from the werewolf side. "What the hell, do you realize that you were this close to crossing over to the werewolf side?" He gestured, "One more step and you would have been killed." He stressed. "Trust me, you don't want to go over there. It's forbidden territory so let's just get you back to the bar and get you some water."