Chapter 10: Ultimate Betrayal (Part 01)

Once the two of them escaped the ballroom and snuck out of the town. Raven took Angel's hand and raced into the dark parts of the forest. They ran as fast as they could. It wouldn't take long before werewolves and vampires were sent to find them. Once she took Angel's hand, he was sure to put a curse on her that blocked her scent. That way it would be harder for the werewolves to track her. In order to hide his special ability from her. He mixed in an invisibility curse that would make it so Raven couldn't see the curse that he placed on her wrist. The two of them stopped for a moment as Raven began to catch her breath.

"Raven," Angel crouched down to check on her. Once he did, he took notice of a dark figure hiding in the shadows of the trees. They were being followed, he wasn't sure if it was Lycan or Blaire or anyone from their armies. It didn't matter whatever it was, it was stalking them like prey. "We have to go now." He threw off his shoes and socks. He quickly took her hand. He placed curses on his bare feet leaving curses wherever he stepped. He hoped this would be enough to slow whatever was following them down. "Faster," Angel increased his pace, he could feel it, this dark figure. It wasn't slowing down. It was there lurking in the trees following them.

"I can't," Raven began taking deep breaths. "Unlike you I need to breathe." She brushed her hair back. "Besides, my feet hurt, do you have any idea how hard it is to run in heels?"

"You're right," Angel searched the shadows of the tree. The dark figure was gone, they were safe for now. But whatever it was, it wouldn't take long for it to start tracking them. "Here, let me help you with those." He took off her high heels carrying them for her. "Would you like me to carry you?"

"No, I'm fine," Raven began fixing her hair. "I wouldn't worry about anyone following us." She took Angel's hand, taking him deeper into the forest. "Look up there," She pointed up in a tree. Angel noticed an owl nesting in the trees. "These types of owls make noise when nobody is around. They also do it when they sense danger. Right now, They're quiet." She explained.

"I don't see how that helps us," Angel added. "We are strangers to their forest and they are quiet right now." He couldn't hear a single noise from the owls. The entire forest was filled with a cold silence.

"You might be a stranger," Raven crossed her arms. "My sister Claire and I, we take care of these owls. They don't see us as a threat." She leaned against a tree. "One day, I need to take you with me when we feed them. After you feed them enough, they won't see you as a threat either. Come on," She grabbed hold of his hand. "We are getting close." Angel turned his head looking back at the owls as they left. Behind one of the trees stood a lone red fox, its eyes looking directly at them...

"I nearly walked right into that," The fox transformed into the crimson haired woman from the ball. "Owls," She looked up at the pesky birds. "Such a cheap trick, not to mention outdated." She continued to follow the couple deeper into the forest...

"How did you and your sister find this place?" Angel continued walking next to her. "I didn't think the forest went out this far. Granted," He stepped in front of her moving some thorn bushes to the side. "Most of the forests belong to the werewolves." Raven walked through the path he made for her. "We don't get to explore them often."

"Claire and I, we were still at the training camp." Raven began. "You see, werewolves don't join the war right away. Not like vampires do, we get put in a training camp for several months." Her bare feet continued to crush the fall leaves.

Training camps, Angel knew all about those. Lord Alexander made a habit of attacking these camps. Angel was sent to destroy one of their camps. That was when he realized they kept their children there for safety. He was expected to kill a child, a werewolf child. He couldn't bring himself to do it. It was the first time he ever failed to carry out an order. It scared him to know that the rest of his team wasn't afraid of that task.