Chapter 01: First Moon (Part I)

Lord Grimm's most powerful werewolf pack rested at their campsite beneath the stars. They resided in the darkest parts of the forest positioned closest to the Luminous Castle, Lord Grimm's stronghold. This pack is referred to by many as the notorious Nightshade. The pack began as a generous friendship between Lord Grimm's adopted son Lycan and a mere servant boy with nothing to his name. That unexpected bond became the story of their origin.

In every existing pack, there are a total of six members each entitled to a specific task. These roles are The Omega, The Medic, The Tracker, The Hunter, The Beta and of course, The Alpha. Without all six members, a pack cannot be dispatched. At the moment Nightshade was short two of them, they had lost them during the war. Now, they were lying in wait for the replacements. The two of them had just arrived.

The first to be replaced was none other than the Omega. The name translates as the end. This rank is given to the weakest member of the pack. They are tasked with shopping, running errands, and taking care of the other pack members. Their strength is measured by their spouse having no real strength of their own. This is why this rank is typically given to women. The werewolf code has always been biased toward women.

This rank now belongs to a woman by the name of Raven. They knew a bit about her during their meet and greet sessions with her. She was once known as the infamous Erika Ravenheart, a famous composer at the peak of her career. Her name had to change due to her popularity with the humans and media. The pack members took her as a joke at first. They wondered how a woman of her stature was able to survive the transition. She was quick to prove her worth. For an Omega, Raven was indeed strong and well balanced. She seemed perfect for the role. That was until they learned she wasn't the type of woman to let people walk all over her.

Raven has long flawless black hair that descends to her mid back in a flow of delicacy. Her navy blue eyes were fixated on her notebook as she jotted down lyrics. Her light tan skin shined in light of the stars. She had only two tattoos. One of them rested on the back of her neck. The artwork was of a small raven. The wings of the raven were spread out inside the outline of a feathered heart. This tattoo she referred to as her family crest. The second tattoo rested over the breast that contained her heart. It was a tattoo of a black heart. She wore a black hair tie on her right wrist just in case she needed it. She dressed in a black tank top with a white outline. Her agile legs were covered by faded distressed blue jeans. She wore standard black converse shoes.

The second and final role to be replaced is the Medic. One of the most crucial roles to be filled, their title pretty much tells all. They are tasked with treating wounded pack members, creating and prescribing medicine. They also dissect medicine in order to combat the vampire's healer. The Medic just like the Omega must refrain from fighting. They are oftentimes protected by the Tracker and The Hunter. This is also the only rank that refrains from using the werewolf transformation. This person must stay in control of their emotions at all times and like the Omega it is typically given to women.

This rank now belongs to Claire, Claire Ravenheart. She is the younger sister to Raven. Unlike her sister, she was quick to catch on having read many novels about the supernatural. This left her with a lot of questions to ask whenever she discovered that supernatural life did in fact, exist. Lord Grimm gladly cleared any confusion she had. Afterward, she made her goal to be the best Werewolf she could be. She scored high on all of her tests. Whenever it came down to physical examination her scores began to drop. This is where Raven's scores tended to grow making them the perfect combination. However, fortune had smiled down on her.

Claire became one of the unique cases. When faced with the transition. She was also given a special gift that earned her high respect. Her blood had strong healing capabilities. It always remained active. Due to this, she healed remarkably fast making it almost impossible to harm her. Claire even learned how to use her gift to mend the wounds on other werewolves and even discovered. Her unique blood also acted like the perfect defense mechanism against vampires. It could react as a powerful acid to a vampire's skin. This alone, made her the ideal medic.