Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 01)

"Sister," Raven's navy-blue eyes peeked open after hearing her sister's voice. "It's time to get ready for the ball." Claire lightly shook her. "If you don't hurry, we're going to be late." She leaned forward taking sight of the white dress that hung on a rack. Did Lycan buy her that dress for the ball? She climbed out of bed taking the dress off the rack. "I know you hate the guy but still, you've got to admit he has great taste."

"I hate to say it but," Raven marveled at every inch of dress. She wasn't too fond of white dresses but for this dress she could make an exception. The dress had thin spaghetti straps with a white lace v cut. There was a sexy lace trim on the side which was cut to show off her beautiful legs. This dress suited her unique tastes. "You're right." Claire embraced her.

"I'm going to let you get dressed," Claire smiled at her. "I have to get ready, I can't wait to see the look on Jay's face once he sees me in a dress," She chuckled. "I'm going to blow his mind." She rushed over to her tent.

"I wonder if Lycan got the right size," Raven began to remove her clothing trying on the dress. She stood there in the dress that Lycan bought her. It amazed her how well the dress captured her every curve down to her firm hips to her agile legs. There were a pair of white lace stiletto heels placed beneath the rack. She slipped on the heels which were a perfect match for her dress.

Raven walked over to the mirror to take in her reflection. She could never be more beautiful than she was in this outfit. Still, there was something missing in her reflection. She knew what it was and why she would never be able to see it. This entire ensemble spelled out Lycan's intentions. He was trying to show her off as if she were some prize that he had won. A mere trophy to be placed underneath his arm. This was a fate, Raven fought so hard to avoid. She was more than just a trophy. Now, here she stood in the mirror representing everything she never wanted to be. She would try to fake it, force a lie, but there would never be a real smile on her face.

Raven let out a sigh taking the engagement ring out of her bag. She slid the ring on her finger accepting her role as Lycan's bride to be. This title she had fought with it for so long and yet. She still failed to find her freedom. No, she couldn't let it end like this, there was another way out. It was time for a new plan.

"Where is it," Raven rushed over to her bag reaching into her bag of panties. "There it is," She pulled a rectangle box that had a sticky note placed on it. The note read: Use in case some guy tries to take advantage of you. Love, Eric. Inside this box is her ticket to freedom, she just had to use it. She opened the box taking sight of the sharp silver edged switchblade her brother had given her as a gift. She could use this blade to slit Lycan's throat and be free of him forever. No wedding, no child, just freedom. "No more games," She took the attachable case that could be hidden on her person from the box. She concealed the case on her thigh to where her dress would conceal the blade. "Tonight," She took a deep breath. "I'll end this." She put the switchblade into the hidden case. She put the box back into her bag pulling out her make up kit.

"Raven," Lycan walked into her tent. She started lacing her eyes with a thin layer of black eyeliner. "Glad to see you're awake," She set the eyeliner to the side. Lycan walked up to her, he was dressed in a black suit jacket with white dress shirt and a black tie. He wore black leather belt, slacks, and black leather dress shoes. "You look stunning," He placed a small gold chain necklace with the pendant of the crescent moon around her neck. The crescent moon was embellished with the sparkles of clear gemstones. "The other women are going to be so envious of you." He pressed his lips against her neck.

"You made sure of that didn't you," Raven grabbed her black cherry lip gloss, lacing her lips with it. "I guess that's to be expected since you're a Prince." She set her lip gloss to the side. "Though," She picked up her clear glitter nail polish. "I do admit," She opened the bottle, glazing her nails in sparkles. "In a suit," Raven blew on her nails to dry them. "You are slightly more attractive but still a pain in my ass." She reached into her bag taking out her rose scented perfume. "Did you want something from me?" She sprayed herself with the perfume, closing the cap on the bottle.