Chapter 18: Ziek's Tale

Author's Note: In this fiction, you will stumble across chapters I like to refer to as tales. These chapters are centered toward a certain character. This presents a way for me to further build on that specific character and allow the reader to dive into that character's point of view. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story so far..-Kiba Blackfire

Once Angel and Blaire's wedding was over, the entire castle became restless. In three days time, the war would begin. Blaire's actions at the wedding had infuriated Lord Grimm and due to that. He was now pushing for war now more than ever. Everyone in the castle was making preparations, as for Ziek. Someone who had never fought in a war before. This whole thing was a new experience for him. He had no idea what to expect or what to do or even how to prepare.

On top of that, there was the fact both of his sisters were on the werewolf side of the war. He was expected to kill them both. How could he prepare himself mentally for that? There was no way Ziek could. His only option was to let this war be it. Better for him to die than to be responsible for murdering his sisters. Three days, that's all he has left. Sadly, the person he wanted to spend his last days with was too busy to spend time with him.

Since the day of the Lunar Ball, Ziek's relationship with Selene had hit its all time low. Not that he blamed her. He knew going into the relationship. Selene was going to put her role as second in command before him. He could live with that but now that she's being promoted to commander. Which, of course, he's proud of her accomplishment. She's finally being given her dream. Though, everything rested on Lord Alexander's evaluation.

Lord Alexander told Selene, during these three days. He'd give her three strikes, that's it. He was watching her every move making sure. Everything Selene did was befitting of the title of commander. Stress was high for her, she couldn't afford any screw ups or she'd risk losing everything she's dreamed of.

Ziek understood the amount of pressure Selene was facing right now. But, he struggled with the fact that as his girlfriend. She just wasn't there for him. They hardly spoke to each other anymore. He tried to tell her how he was scared of the upcoming war. He couldn't tell her about his sisters or the stress he was dealing with there. Even if he wanted to, she just didn't have time for him anymore.

Ziek was starting to feel like she didn't care about him. He couldn't talk to her, he couldn't go on dates with her, and on top of that. They hadn't had sex since they got back from the Lunar Ball. He was starting to worry that his relationship with Selene was beginning to hit a dead end. Perhaps, he could try talking to her one more time, anything to prevent a break up. He walked over to the main hall. Selene was there standing in the hall, she had a clipboard in hand reading over it. It had some kind of checklist on it.

"Hey Selene," Ziek put his hands in his pockets. "You got a minute?" Selene was still standing there. Her eyes fixated on the clipboard. It was filled with check marks meaning she was either double checking everything or, she was checking things off before she did them. Odds are, she's beyond double checking. She's most likely triple checking at this point. "Selene," He tapped her shoulder to get her attention.

"Not now, Ziek, I'm busy." Selene tapped her pen on the clipboard. "Let's see, I'd better make sure we got enough weapons to supply the troops. I'd better check the storage room to see if we have enough silver to make more," She began walking down the hall. He walked down the hall with her. "After that, I'd better check on all the training again to make sure everyone is prepared for battle. We won't win if we're not prepared."

"Look, I know you're busy." Ziek stood in front of her blocking her path. "Believe me, I get it, you're under a lot of pressure right now. But we really need to talk," Selene tried to walk past him but blocked her path again. "I was thinking that we could go hang out in town for a bit. Go look around and talk over some drinks. It'll be fun," He placed his hands on her hips. "We can do whatever you want. I just really want to spend time with you."