Chapter 37: World's Collide (Part 02)

Selene stood there with a vial of her blood in her hand. These two werewolves were at her mercy for this one vial could produce an explosion big enough to-. She couldn't believe it even after taking so much damage. This werewolf was...moving. The short blond haired wolf crawled over to his brother's unconscious body and laid on top of him.

"Not him," He shielded his brother's body. "You can take my life but I won't let you have his." The wolf glared deep into Selene's eyes. This wolf, he was prepared to die to protect his sibling. Much like, Selene shut her eyes knowing that if this were Brandon. If she was put in a position where she could protect her brother. She would, she'd die to keep him alive. She'd even do the same for Patience granted, it was too late for that. Her sister died and she wasn't there to protect her in fact she's the sole reason her sister is dead. Seeing this wolf shield his brother, the resolve in his eyes as he looked directly into her eyes. She was envious of him for being able to protect his sibling when she wasn't there to protect hers. To kill him, to kill his brother, to kill either of them knowing if the roles were reversed. She'd do the same.

"The old me wouldn't hesitate to end their lives. So why has that changed?" Selene's eyes remained on the vial. "Since when did I grow a conscience? Perhaps after all this time, my master's teachings finally got through to me. Congrats, Sozin, you did find a way through my tough exterior and it's because of you. I can't bring myself to kill these wolves." She smirked. "Lucky you, it's my last vial," These words were no bluff. She really did use up all of her explosive vials fighting them. "and," She put the vial in her pocket. "I'd rather not waste it on the likes of you." She began walking away. That wolf. Selene couldn't bring herself to forget the intensity in his eyes. His resolve, so strong. It has earned him something no werewolf has ever gotten from her. Respect.

Those Twins, they said they were from Nightshade. If she's not mistaken. That's the one werewolf pack, their tactician has yet to find. If she were to find it before him. She might become Lord Alexander's new favorite. It would definitely come in handy when the war starts. They'd be able to ambush one of Lord Grimm's strongest packs and with them gone. The war would go in their favor. They'd win and it would all be thanks to her. Forget being Commander, she'd be promoted to General. All she had to do was take a slight-

Selene went to turn around only to be gored by a flying werewolf. The impact knocked her into a nearby stream. The mud in her hair and clothes from her fight with the twins was now washed away by the water. She got up drenched in water only to be knocked back on her ass by a flying dropkick to the chest. The werewolf jumped on top of Selene while she was down and began pounding away at her with her fists refusing to give Selene any chance of recovery. She reached for a rock beneath the water and hit the werewolf on the side of the head. After hitting her, Selene rolled over on top of her and began trying to drown her.

The werewolf clawed Selene's arms trying to force her to let go but she refused. Just a little more. Selene held tighter waiting for the splashes to stop. The water started to evaporate as the woman's body temperature began rising. Selene's hands started to burn from the heat. The woman grabbed Selene's shoulders and pinned her down. Once she had her, she began punching Selene in the face. She kicked the wolf off her and began crawling away. The wolf grabbed Selene's leg and pulled her back. Selene kicked her again and got back on her feet. Once she did, she saw a giant fireball fly at her face.

"Oh shit," Selene jumped out of the way as the fireball flew past her. It left a trail of flame, burning a straight line through the forest. The flames spread hitting trees, bushes, the fire spreading further throughout the forest. "A werewolf that uses fire in the middle of a forest. Either she's stupid or Lord Grimm has no sense at all. How has Scythe not found this pack yet?" The werewolf threw another fireball at Selene. She dodged the blast as it struck another tree, burning it down. The flames continued to spread, destroying more of the forest. "I've had enough of this," Selene went to throw her last vial at her. Before she could, the werewolf tackled her, forcing her to drop it. The vial rolled across the ground as the wolf kept punching Selene. Her eyes widened as the wolf's fist caught on fire. One hit from that and she's dead. Selene bit her lip drawing blood. She spat the blood at the werewolf's face. The explosion blasted them both. As the smoke was clearing, Selene got back on her feet. "There's she's-,"