Chapter 12: Rise Of A New Heir (Part 01)

"Enough," Lord Alexander rose from his throne. "Fate, Brandon, Selene, and Scythe." The four of them nodded. "Prepare for the tournament, the rest of you to the stands to spectate." Angel went to leave along with Ziek and Jayden. "Not you Angel," He placed his hand on his shoulder. "This tournament is your idea and we need to discuss how the tournament will go."

"Understood," Angel stayed behind while Ziek and Jayden reported to the stands. He stood there in the throne room with Blaire and her father. "So, how will they be matched?" He asked. "Will it be randomized or-,"

"No, I was going to let Blaire decide." Lord Alexander answered. "You picked the candidates, she'll pick the matches." Angel already knew what Blaire's intentions were. She was going to try to sabotage Selene. Regardless, Angel's confident that whatever Blaire tries to pull Selene's strong enough to overcome it.

"Fair enough," Angel allowed. "Blaire picks who fights who and the winners of the fights. Fight each other to determine the next commander. Well, Blaire," He turned to face her. "What's your decision?"

"The first match will be Brandon Vs. Fate," Blaire answered. "The two of them are close in rank so it should prove to be an entertaining fight." Angel couldn't argue, he didn't know Fate's skillset but it had to be somewhere close to Brandon's level. If not, perhaps a bit higher, this fight would be the determining factor.

"That would leave Scythe to fight against Selene." Lord Alexander added. Angel was a bit worried about Selene fighting Scythe. This wasn't going to go well for her. Still, if anyone had a chance of beating him it was her, she'd pull through somehow. She just needed Scythe to make one small mistake and she could turn the fight in her favor. "Well, Angel, any objections?" He asked. "I, for one, like the arrangements."

"No objections," Angel agreed. "So, who will be monitoring the fights? We would need someone to announce the start of a match and the victor. Plus, they'd need to intervene should it get too violent. I guess what I'm saying is," He rubbed the back of his neck. "We need some kind of Referee." They both turned their sights to him. "Me?," Angel pointed at himself. "You want me to do it?"

"Yes, the tournament is your idea." Lord Alexander pointed out. "You should be the one running it. I'll merely be watching from the stands. In fact, I'd be honored if you watched the tournament beside me. I'll have my servants make a place for you next to me." He snapped his fingers and the servants left to fulfill his request.

"What?" Blaire shouted, "I sit next to you, not him." She pointed at Angel. "What is going on here father?" She yelled. "I will not sit here while you give my chair to the likes of him." She argued. "This isn't fair, I'm your daughter."

"Yes and as my daughter, you will do as you are told." Lord Alexander glared at her. "Your behavior has been quite staggering. Personally, I'd rather not be in your company. You have disrespected me for the last time." Blaire bit her lip in anger. "You will watch the tournament alongside Jayden and Ziek. You want to act like a child very well, you may act like a child but not in my presence. In my presence you will act like a princess."

"Child," Blaire yelled. "You dare call me a child." She created a diamond sword in her hand. "Very well father, you want me to act as a child fine, I'll act like one." She stabbed Angel in the stomach with her sword impaling him. He arched over gripping the sharp blade in his stomach. It hurt so much, he could feel his blood dripping on the floor. "Have your spot next to my father," She jammed the blade deeper into his stomach. "I don't give a shit." She pulled the sword out. "I suggest you heal him," She glared at Lord Alexander. "He doesn't look so good." She stormed out of the throne room. The doors slammed behind her.