Chapter 08: Preparation (Part 02)

This was it, the night of the Lunar Ball, his final hours of freedom. Angel held his necklace in his hand as he sat there on his bed. He slowly turned the wolf head ring to where the enraged wolf head was facing him. The ring was attached to a platinum chain that he always wore around his neck. This was all that he had left of his life as a human. He valued it for this necklace resembled the man he was before he met Blaire. Before misery set in, he never wanted to remove it from his neck. He wore it as a sign of hope that he would find a way to be free from Blaire. Tonight, he wouldn't wear this necklace. It was better to embrace the cage around his heart than to hope for freedom.

"Angel," He heard a knock on his door. This voice. It belongs to Selene. "The ball is starting so-," Angel opened the door adjusting his black tie. "Look at you, all dressed up," She punched his shoulder. "That's a nice tux," He put his hands in the pockets of his black dress pants.

"I'm impressed with you as well," Angel was shocked to see the powerful and strong Selene in a dress. He thought she hated dresses. "So is this a forced look for you or," Selene laughed.

"It's forced," Selene answered. "I can't stand dresses," Still, Angel's eyes traced the violet dress she had on. The dress was cut before reaching her knees. She had on violet high heels. "That bitch Blaire, did my hair for me." She had her sunflower blonde hair pinned up with a floral hair pin. "I didn't even want to do anything with my hair." She complained. "See this," She pointed at her light purple eyeshadow. "She put makeup on me, I only wear eyeliner, that's it, this is too much."

"Oh, come on, you look elegant." Angel complemented. "Sure, it's not your style but," He shrugged. "I'm sure Ziek will like it." Selene pulled him to the side. "What did I say?" She hit him roughly on the arm. "Hey, take it easy." He rubbed his arm.

"You bastard," Selene punched his arm again. "How the hell did you know I was going with Ziek to this stupid ball?" She asked in an annoyed tone. "Talk, how did you find out about us, if that bastard told you, I'm going to-," He cut her words.

"He didn't need to tell me," Angel answered. "I've known Ziek for years, we're like brothers. I can tell when he's taking interest in a girl. I also know when he does take interest in a girl. He always gets her." He pointed out. "The guy is a former Rockstar with a toned body and tattoos. What girl is going to say no to that?"

"Damn you got me," Selene admitted. "He's too hot, it's almost unfair. Do me a favor," She placed her hands on her hips. "Don't tell my brother about this. I'm going to let Ziek talk to him about it." She let out a sigh. "Ziek wants to handle it, I'll let him handle it. Speaking of, I'd better go," She pointed towards Ziek's room. "I've got to-,"

"I'll go get Ziek for you," Angel offered. "If you don't mind that is. There's just something I need to talk to him about before we leave." He added. "It's a brother thing," Selene replied with a nod heading downstairs. "Ziek," Angel knocked on his door. "Can I come in, we need to talk." Ziek answered the door. "You're kidding right?" Ziek laughed.

"Dude, that's so not cool," Ziek stepped back. "We're wearing the exact same outfit to the ball. I mean, we're like brothers so I guess it's cool but," He shrugged. "Did you really have to dress like me?" He removed his suit jacket. "It's okay, I'll change shirts." Angel walked in and shut the door behind him. "So," He untied his tie, leaving it on his dresser. "This ball, did you know that," He unbuttoned his white dress shirt revealing his muscular frame. "Werewolves are going to be there. This is good for us," He removed his shirt, throwing it on his bed.

"I know," Angel rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm sorry about the-," He pointed at his shirt then at Ziek's. "I didn't know that you were ugh," Ziek laughed, opening his closet searching for a dress shirt. "Hey ugh, purple," Angel pointed at the purple dress shirt. "You should wear the purple one."