♡Chapter 78♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

Poppy was sat on the couch, reading a fashion magazine. Just then, the doorbell rang. Poppy made no movement to open the door as she figured Danny and Joey would open it since they were also in the living room.

"Poppy, could you answer the door?" Danny asked his niece while he stared right at Joey.

Joey stared right back at Danny.

The two men were currently playing chess and it seemed they were in a serious game. Poppy found it very ridiculous how two grown men could be interested in such a boring game.

"It's always me." Poppy rolled her eyes. As Poppy got up, she opened the door and saw Marcus standing there. "Marcus." Poppy seemed shocked. "What are you doing here?"

Marcus walked in the house. "I had to see you. You've been avoiding me for ages."

"I'm sorry." Poppy apologised. "It's just...after the kiss--" Poppy goes to say.

"Jesse, Poppy has a boy over!" Joey shouted as he moved a chess piece on the board and waited for Danny's turn.

Poppy glared at the Gladstone man. "Would you shut up?" Poppy turned back to Marcus. "Let's talk outside away from them." Poppy suggested, pointing at Joey and Danny.

"Okay." Marcus nodded.

The two teenagers went outside to talk in private.

"Look, Poppy, that kiss..." Marcus trailed off.

"I know, I know." Poppy sighed. "It was a mistake. I get it."

"Oh." Marcus frowned.

"Isn't that what you were gonna say?" Poppy raised her eyebrows in question.

"Yeah, it was." Marcus quickly nodded, clearing his throat. "Glad we cleared it up. Just a mistake." The Branning boy seemed a little sad, but Poppy didn't notice.

"Cool..." Poppy trailed off, feeling very awkward in the situation.

"So, we can go back to being friends?" Marcus wondered.

"Sure." Poppy nodded.

"Great." Marcus smiled a little. "Uh...I'll see you in school tomorrow."

"Bye." Poppy waved, watching Marcus leave.

Poppy then ran her hands through her hair and sighed. If Poppy was being honest, she didn't think the kiss was a mistake. She just said it because she was scared of being rejected.

Poppy walked back in the house and took a deep breath as she sat back down on the couch.

Danny glanced over at his niece. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." Poppy forced a smile.

"What did Marcus want?" The Tanner man questions as he set a chess piece down.