♡Chapter 67♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

"Here you go, Steph. Hot off the press. Your free copy of our school newspaper." DJ handed her sister the paper.

"Gee, thanks. News about kids I don't know at a school I don't go to." Stephanie sarcastically says, rolling her eyes.

"Well, you know me. Turn to page 3 and you'll see news on the cheerleaders. My names there." Poppy nods.

"Check out my new column 'Madame Kimmy's horoscope' and if the words are too big for you to read you can always colour on it." Kimmy teases.

"Horoscope? What's that, Kimmy? A telescope that can only see your face?" Stephanie laughs at her own joke.

"Well, as editor of the school paper, I must say that Kimmy did an excellent job. She got all the astrological signs right, except for Aquarium the fish tank." DJ nudged Kimmy, giving her best friend a look.

Stephanie raised her eyebrows. "Are you saying that Kimmy can tell the future?" Stephanie scoffs in disbelief. "She can barely tell time."

Poppy couldn't help but laugh. "Oh, burn!" Poppy gave Stephanie a quick high-five.

Kimmy turned to her best friend. "DJ, could you read Stephanie's horoscope. I bet you all of Madame Kimmy's predictions come true."

As DJ begins reading the horoscope, Kimmy stands behind Stephanie. "Let us see what the stars foretell, young Capricorn. Your day starts with good fortune."

Stephanie spoke up. "Wrong already. Kimmy's here." Stephanie eyed up the Gibbler girl, giving her a dirty look.

DJ continued reading the horoscope, talking with a bad accent. "Afternoon brings an unpleasant surprise."

Kimmy discreetly slips a dollar in Stephanie's coat pocket.

"What happens then? Kimmy comes back?" Stephanie laughs. "I'm on a roll." Stephanie grins, proud of her jokes. "Poppy, give me a high-five!" Stephanie held up her hand for a high-five.

Poppy smirked and gave Stephanie a high-five.

DJ continues speaking in a bad accent as she reads the horoscope. "Then, a misunderstanding will occur at home. Exercise extreme caution after dark."

Kimmy now stands beside Poppy and DJ. "Your day starts with good fortune. Maybe you should check your pocket."

Stephanie puts her hand in her pocket and finds the cash. "Wow...a dollar! Just like my horoscope said." Stephanie gasps. "Does this mean that all that bad stuff's gonna happen too?" Stephanie now panics.

Kimmy rolled her eyes. "Chill, squirt. I put that dollar in your pocket. Now, joke's over, give it back." Kimmy demanded as she held her hand out.

DJ held her finger up. "Not so fast. Kimmy, your horoscope says you will make a financial blunder."

Kimmy frowned. "Really?"

"Your blunder, my buck." Stephanie grins as she walks out her bedroom.

"Poppy, your horoscope says...you will have a shocking surprise when you're 18 years old." DJ reads out.

"But I've gotta wait a few years for that." Poppy whined. "I'm not patient."

DJ clears her throat. "Let me see what mine says...you will talk with a bad accent."

<~~~~~~~~>

Later on.

DJ was in her room with Kimmy and Poppy.

"What do you think about this for next week's editorial? 'Tardiness: Are we really late or does class start just a little too early?'" DJ reads out, looking at Kimmy and Poppy as she waited for an answer.

"Class definitely starts a little too early." Poppy comments.

Stephanie then enters, wearing a catcher's mask, a tennis racket and a clown lamp. She looks around the room cautiously then goes to her bed and stands guard with the tennis racket.

"What are you doing? Practicing for the nerd Olympics?" Kimmy joked.

"Everything in your horoscope came true. Now it says I have to exercise extreme caution after dark. That's why I'm sleeping with Michelle's night light." Stephanie pointed down at the night light.

Poppy nudged Kimmy. "Oh, please tell her the truth. I feel bad."

"But it's so funny." Kimmy laughs in amusement.

"Tell me what?" Stephanie inquires.

"I don't know anything about astrology. I just copied those horoscopes out of old newspapers." Kimmy admits.

"Kimmy, what are you saying?" Stephanie narrowed her eyes.

"She's saying you should've had this day three months ago." Poppy explained.

"You mean thanks to this woman I spent the whole day freaking out over nothing?" Stephanie points at Kimmy. "How rude!" Stephanie stomps, taking the mask off her face.

Michelle enters the bedroom. "Hey, you stole my clown lamp!" Michelle angrily says as she walks in front of Stephanie.

"Michelle, I just need to borrow it." Stephanie simply shrugged.

"That's mine. You're in big trouble mister." Michelle pinches Stephanie's arm.

"Ow!" Stephanie hisses in pain.

Jesse then walks in his nieces bedroom. "What's going on?"

Stephanie looked up at her uncle. "Did you see what Michelle just did?"

Jesse shook his head. "No. What did you do, Michelle?"

"I did this." Michelle pinches Stephanie's arm again.

"Ow!" Stephanie rubs her arm, hiding behind Poppy as she's afraid Michelle would pinch her again.

"Michelle, stop pinching Stephanie." Jesse lightly scolded his youngest niece.

"You said I could." Michelle told her uncle.

"No, I said it was okay to do it this morning, but that was different. Aaron took your cookie." Jesse shrugs.

"Stephanie took my lamp." Michelle pointed at her lamp.

Jesse sighed. "No, Michelle, in the first case someone took something that was yours, but in this case someone took something that was yours." Jesse explained, but then widened his eyes in realisation. "Oh boy."

"Give it back or you're getting it again." Michelle warns.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Poppy laughs, keeping Stephanie behind her.

Jesse took his nieces hand. "We've gotta talk. Follow me." Jesse leads Michelle out the room.

Michelle turns back to Stephanie and points at her. "I'll be back for the clown."

Jesse picks Michelle up and takes her to his bedroom to talk.

<~~~~~~~~>

In the end, Jesse and Michelle talked and Jesse made Michelle understand it was not okay to pinch. They also sorted their other issues out with Michelle's preschool and everything was fine again.

<~~~~~~~~>

A/N- I think this is the shortest chapter I've written. I'm sorry, I'll try make the next chapter much longer.