♡Chapter 8♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

Stephanie, DJ and Poppy walk into the kitchen where they see Joey pacing back and forth.

"Is this normal?" Stephanie asked her sister and cousin.

DJ shrugs. "It is for Joey."

Joey stopped pacing and turned to the girls. "Wait till you hear what happened to me today. It's amazing. It's incredible. It's unbelievable."

"What happened?" DJ asks her fathers best friend.

"Tell us!" Poppy pleads.

"Tell us right now!" Stephanie demands as she jumps up and down.

Joey shook his head. "I can't tell you."

DJ let out an irritated sigh. "I hate it when he does that."

"It's so annoying." Poppy huffs.

Joey chuckled softly at how impatient the girls were. "I'll tell you when everyone gets home."

Just then, Jesse walks in. "Oh, boy, what a day. Come here, girls. Give your me a kiss." Jesse says as he opens his arms and gets hugs and kisses from his nieces and his daughter. "Very nice." Jesse stood back up. "Now, I know how much you girls look up to me...but no matter how glamorous you think my life is...don't ever kill bugs for a living." Jesse shook his head.

"Hey, buddy, insect world got you down? Well, close your eyes because I am going to send you to a land of sunshine and flowers." Joey patted Jesse his shoulder.

Jesse narrowed his eyes at the Gladstone man. "Joey, you've been riding in the dryer again, haven't you?" Jesse teases.

Joey laughs at Jesse's comment. "I'm in a great mood. I wanna tell you what happened, but I can't yet."

"Uncle Jesse, he's driving us crazy." DJ whined.

"Yeah, make him tell us." Stephanie said to her uncle.

"Please, dad. I'm not impatient." Poppy said as she bit her lip.

Jesse let out a sigh and looked back over to Joey. "Okay. Joey, what's up?"

Joey shook his head. "Can't tell you."

Jesse shrugged. "The man will not crack."

"I can see you tried very hard to convince him to tell us." Poppy sarcastically said to her dad, rolling her eyes.

Danny then entered his house. "Hi, girls." Danny smiles at DJ, Poppy and Stephanie.