a glance at my hunger games fanfic

Hey everyone!!!! Just wanted to put this chapter here and maybe convince you to take a little look at my other story. Love you all so much (Also... I may be thinking of starting a second book to this?? Or finally getting to that long awaited Lo'ak story. We will see!!!)

Anyways. I hope this convinces you about my other one.

————————————
Day 1.

I'm not going to give you a big speech... because quite frankly, I have no clue what to say. I don't know if I want to relive the past two days in this scrawny old notebook, I don't know if I even have the heart to give you this.

I will write as if you already know these people. I am sure you know me well enough to understand me and my intentions.

Today was tiring. If training wasn't enough, we had to sit through Caspian lecturing Henry and me about working on our own. It's all they have reminded us of, how we'll be destined to go against one another in the arena. Do they think we don't know that?

I think you'd like Henry. He's stood by me since the start. A part of me wonders if you two knew each other, but I wont pry. He looks out for me, and I do the same for him. t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ 'v̶e̶ c̶o̶m̶e̶ t̶o̶ We've come to a mutual agreement. Though we've never spoken it aloud, we understand it.

Maybe it's the looming threat of death...

I just- I'm so tired Robert. I miss you.
I think I am going to sleep now, sorry this is so short.

a̶m̶ s̶c̶a̶r̶e̶d̶. Goodnight.
———

Day 2.

What I didn't tell you yesterday, was I have begun to learn how to fight. My body is sore all over. Oliver (he is a trainer) has helped teach me. I asked him to beat me, to keep me looking weak all while teaching me new things. Now that I write this to you, I wonder if that's what you'd want for me. To look weak.

I guess it doesn't matter, as long as I'm not a target right?

I've learned to throw a solid punch, and how to move quick. Sometimes I wonder if you were right. If I could really win this. W̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ b̶e̶ w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶?̶

The food here is really good. I wish you could've tried it, I know you'd love it. How is the food I traded our eggs for doing? Has it lasted you a while? Are you eating good? How are my chickens? I miss them.

I miss you.

Has Mrs. Lillian visited? If not go see her, she promised she would help take care of you.

Anyways... speaking of nice things. The beds here are really nice too. I bet they could even keep you from working all day. And... I know I said I wouldn't speak of my first day, but I thought you'd get a laugh out of this.

I slept on the ground. It reminded me of home, and I was sound asleep for a while. That's not the funny part though, Orna walked in to wake me up, and I've never seen a look of such shock and horror.

I bet you would've laughed your butt off at the scene. I miss your laugh too.

Well... that's all I can think of tonight.
Goodnight Robert.

———

Day 3.

I had a nightmare last night. No... I've had them every night, every night I wake up crying.