test

Kireyi

"Come on Aon!"

"Great Eywa I'm trying!!" Aonung followed after his sister already out of breath. Meanwhile Kireyi was jumping up and down in excitement as she ran through the jungle and up the hill. Today was testing day, the training warriors getting a day's time to reach the top and come back down. Hill was truthfully an understatement, as it was the islands biggest peak; what had given the Metkayina island their big appearance.

"You two are keeping up pretty well!" Kiri yelled out, she had been a few paces in front of the pair with Neteyam. Lo'ak, Tsireya, and Rotxo not far behind Kireyi and her brother.

Though the group was at different levels up the mountain, they had been leaps and bounds ahead of the other warriors. Kireyi let out a small war cry, laughing in joy at Lo'ak's returned call from the background. She was filled with energy and felt she could go on for hours if she wanted before taking any real break. The day had been perfect- Eywa on their side. It wasn't very hot, and the small breeze helped them keep a cool air around their bodies despite all of the running. The leaves hitting her skin didn't hurt either, instead they breezed past her effortlessly and openly, as if making way for her as she continued forward.

"I need a second or two!!" Aonung was now the baffled one looking at Rotxo's demeanor. The boy was out of breath, heaving in air with every word.

"You good?" Kiri turned back to Rotxo, ready to laugh.

Immediately he stood straight, "Oh yeah I'm fine, just different than holding your breath underwater ya'know?"

"Hmm alright," Kiri chuckled and moved forward again.

"Wait holdup!" He shouted, using any strength to catch up to the girl.

"You guys seriously?!" Aonung yelled at the two as they started to grow distance between him and the pair. Kireyi took off a while ago, racing around with Neteyam back and forth through tree trunks. The brother thanked Eywa as Tsireya and Lo'ak caught up, keeping a pace similar to his own.

"Hurry Teyam!" Kireyi laughed, ahead of the boy as they ran.  It didn't take much effort for him to catch up, and she realized that. It hadn't bothered her much, knowing it was going to be easier for him than herself.

"So much energy today Ma Reyi," The two slowed down a little.

"Of course! I said I would keep up," She laughed, picking up her pace again. This continued for another hour or two before they all stopped for a break. Lo'ak took it in his own hands to climb the tree to get fruit for the small group, Aonung following along.

"Would this even count as passing? We're helping each other...." Kiri asked.

"Well yeah, we only need to be back before our time is up, the only conditions are no using the animals for help, and we only get a blade and spear." Rotxo explained.

"It's later on that we need to worry about, as we wont know the tests until the day of," Kireyi joined in before walking a few paces away. There had been a small stream of water and she used a nearby leaf to drink some of the cold liquid. Looking to Neteyam he joined her and she held the leaf up to his lips, "Drink lots," She reassured.

"How are things with Spider?" Tsireya now sat down with a few small berries.

Kiri's face grimaced, and Kireyi mindlessly fed Neteyam the water as her eyes were stuck to Kiri in curiosity. Accidentally spilling some of the boy she immediately turned her attention back to him, "Sorry Teyam...." She softly smiled in embarrassment.

"It's alright," He chuckled.

"We are- well it's whatever really. He hasn't been trying to the point he's bothering us," Kiri looked to her older brother for some help explaining.