second test

The morning started very early, as it was the warriors next test. They would learn to ride Skimwings, one of the final tests before they no longer needed classes. Though it still wasn't their final test.

The trainees were spread along the water, split into groups so they didn't need to wait as long. Tonowari took his own children, including the Sullys, "Our Skimwings will be much more fierce than the Ilu. You must concentrate and trust yourself, it may take a few times."

Though this test was one of the hardest, they would not be allowed to use the Skimwings whenever they pleased, the warriors all still needed to earn their places before freely getting to ride.

"Come Aonung, you will start with me. Rotxo you go over to Nitu'nu , he will help you get on another one."

The two boys stepped forward, and the other's who watched filled with anticipation as Tonowari and Nitu'nu called for the Skimwings. The sea animals swam fast, appearing in less than a few seconds. Kiri and Kireyi laughed at Rotxo's expression, the boy's eyes slightly widening.

"This will be good," Kireyi whispered to Kiri, the two still chuckling.

Aonung and Rotxo both got onto the Skimwings with ease, riding through the water was a different story though, same with flying. Something none of the teenagers have done before.

"Treat them like the Ilu, the only difference is their speed and attitude, we will work on diving first."

The boys nodded to Tonowari, and everyone sat in silence waiting for them to take off, it hadn't last long, both Skimwings speeding into the water. Though no one had expected it, both of the boys came back to the surface with the animals, slowing and floating on the water. Tonowari and Nitu'nu nodded to the two in approval, now showing them to fly. This time it was rougher for them, the two falling off and needing to get back on several times. Their skill levels weren't far from each other, the two easily working at a similar pace.

Switching the children, Lo'ak and Kiri were up, "Good luck," Rotxo said to the girl, and she softly nodded in return.

Kireyi inched towards Neteyam, "How do you think they will do?"

"Better at flying, even I think I'll struggle with the diving," His eyes lingered on his siblings a few more seconds before looking at Kireyi.

The girl quickly looked away, mind immediately turning to the day before, "So... how was the Pod?"

Neteyam leaned in, and Kireyi held her breath, the boy was sneaky with how he was acting. To everyone else it simply looked like the two were whispering about the lesson, "It was nice.... so were you Ma Reyi."

Kireyi let out the breath she was holding, and she knew her cheeks were red, "Skxawng."

"Yeah okay, I'll see you later?"

The girl's head shot to look at him, "What?"

"For a flight of course," He chuckled, and Kireyi's nose scrunched as she looked away. She couldn't believe him, thanking that Lo'ak and Kiri were about to try and dive.

Both of the siblings fell off of their Skimwings, yet just as Neteyam said they excelled at flying on the animals. It was Tsireya and Kireyi's turn, the two showing their excitement. Both did okay at diving, still struggling with flying. Kireyi felt a new rush riding the Skimwings, their speed leaps and bounds faster than the Ilu. And once she gained leverage flying she found great joy in it, though she would be lying if she said the height was disappointing compared to the Ikran.

Her father took the two girls away from the Skimwings when he felt they were doing well, letting Neteyam try too. He was just like his own siblings with his struggles and talents, but he picked up on riding the animal just as quick as Aonung and Rotxo.