embrace

Kireyi

The smell of the ocean was so familiar, and as they traveled above it her heart grew with so much anticipation, wanting to be back home, wanting to be back in her parent's arms. Her Ikran, Esen, hit the sand with a soft thump, the sound of the conch's harmony echoing through the village.

First she reveled in the feeling of the sand on her feet again, the warmth of it as it tickled her. It hadn't last long though, the girl taking off the moment her feet touched the ground. Her parents were already making way to see them, but she'd been running so fast she was in their arms before they could even reach the group.

"My girl!" Her mother and father's hands wrapped around her, engulfing her into such a warm and tender hug. Kireyi sunk into their embrace, soaking in the feeling of her parents presence before her siblings could catch up. So for those few split seconds, she went limp, allowing her parents to hug her, taking in their familiar scent she'd missed so much.

Tsireya and Aonung were quick to catch up, the two joining the hug on the sand. No one let go for a few minutes, simply holding one another.

Sniffles were heard from the younger girl, it making Kireyi want to cry too as she giggled. Tsireya wiped her eyes holding her fathers arm close "I-I missed you both so much!" Her voice stuttered, a mix of giggles and sobs escaping her mouth.

"We missed you all so much too," Her father's arms pulled the three of them closer, her mother on the other side doing the same.

When they'd finally let go, Kireyi's mother went from child to child, examining and taking note of how much they had grown, "Oh Aon, look at you my boy."

"Mom-"

"Shh...." She pulled him in closer, hugging him for a second more before turning to Kireyi.

The girl smiled wide, happy enough to see her mother again. Her gentle hands met her cheeks, "You have changed Ma Reyi, you are shining my girl."

If she thought her smile couldn't grow anymore, she'd been wrong, Kireyi practically grinning ear to ear, "I missed you mother."

"And I missed you," Her mother's hands raked over her hair, "Did he do your hair?"

Kireyi felt herself grow warm at the question, she'd completely forgotten she had the braids in, "Yes...."

Being embraced in another hug, she melted once more, the floral and earthy scents taking over her sense of smell. It was definitely her mother, "And you two have mated."

"Yes...."

"Hm, I could tell," Her mother pulled away, gently smiling, "Go speak with your father some more, he has missed you too."

Kireyi nodded, immediately running to her father. She'd jumped onto his back, not caring as the clan watched the two families reunite again, "Hello my girl."

Her father's voice rang through her ears, missing the comfort of it, the security and safety he always held in his tone, "Hi father!"

She'd gotten off of his back by now, clinging to his waist as if she was a child, "How was it? Did you fulfill your duty?"

"Yes! And you wouldn't believe it- I even learned to use a bow- and I have an Ikran now! So does Aon and Reya," She babbled on, nonstop talking to her father about her adventures; needing to get it all out at once.

Trying to calm the girl down, her father averted the subject, inviting her to introduce him to her new Ikran. Of course she'd obliged, simply joyous to get to speak to her parents like this again.

Neteyam
。・:*˚:✧。

His eyes stayed on Kireyi, watching her practically jump and run around in excitement at seeing her parents again, seeing her home. And Neteyam couldn't help but smile, her joy making him feel warm inside too, but as his father finally got to him, he'd never felt happier.

"Come here boy," His father pulled him close, and though Neteyam had grown more in height, the hug still made him feel like such a child. He hadn't cared though, the embrace grounding despite not being in the forest anymore. It had still been home to the boy.

Pulling away his father looked him up and down in approval, "You are taller, you're going to catch up to me soon."

"Oh- well yes I guess," Neteyam had still been just as awkward to his father's compliments, but they were still nice to receive.

Tuk interrupted, jumping into his father's arms with a grin on her face, "Haven't I grown a ton too? Teyam says I'll be just as tall as him!"

"I'm sure you will be, you all have grown lots since I last saw you," His father placed a hand on his head for reassurance before being dragged of by Tuk.

Aonung approached, "Stollen by the sisters yeah?"

"Yup, you too?"

"Couldn't you tell?" He nodded his chin in the direction of the Chief and his sister's, both of the girls nonstop talking and running around, "I'm glad they are enjoying themselves though."

"Yeah, I feel the same...."

"Have you told your father about Spider yet?" Aonung voice was hesitant, still asking either way.

"No, he has noticed his absence though. Kiri and Lo'ak are the best people to tell him, they were closest to Spider," Neteyam subconsciously nodded, as if to reassure himself about it. He'd want his two siblings to be the ones to tell his father about Spider's passing, he knew the four were more alike than anyone else in the family.

Neteyam watched as Tsireya called for her brother, "Good luck," He said, beginning to walk away.

"Thanks," And Neteyam watched as Kireyi approached now.

"Come! You must help me show father how I can shoot an arrow," She'd been beaming, instantly taking the boy's mind off of Spider, he knew he could trust his siblings.

"Alright, lets go grab your stuff and we can show him," He softly smiled, allowing Kireyi to drag him towards her Ikran.

They were home again, and though it hadn't been the forest, it felt just as welcoming.